Photo

Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Please log in to reply
4732 replies to this topic

#4726 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

Give them all your pennies.

That would be awful generous indeed ... but not such a good idea ... just think about the shipping costs !

And I could save a few bucks by giving them the keys to a couple billion in bitcoin ... it's a real option but I'm not sure it's wise one ... because it may take away some of their motivation to follow their hearts and passions and excel in life ... so I'm hesitant

just mail them a signed blank check. this is exactly how Warren Buffett started his empire. you want to be on the right side of this tsunami

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#4727 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

I don't think they wrote that.

#4728 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

I'd pretend it went to my spam folder. If I don't exist to them when they don't need something, then I don't exist to them when they do (but I have a rather dysfunctional relationship with my nieces' parents (ex. they said one of their daughters did not have to thank me for paying for much of her travel expenses, because I "offered" to do it, she didn't ask me to. Except I didn't offer, it was just assumed that I would), so ymmv.)

#4729 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

I don't think they wrote that.

The question of who wrote that email was posed to the twin's mother after I responded to it

I was told that A wrote it in the presence of E. I further inquired if A had any help from anyone other than her sister and I received a one word WhAp reply of  ... Nope

Quickly followed by "I might have given her a general idea for a script" ... but I do believe that those little whippersnappers wrote those words cuz they are pretty seriously on the ball and shockingly sharp ... but then again I have no idea what 13yos are or are not capable of cuz I'm not around them much at all ... sadly

just mail them a signed blank check

In fact, the subject of payment has come up in ensuing telephonic interactions where the little pipsqueaks who rejected a credit card payment proposal from yours truly. They then requested funds by PayPal or Venmo and further asked me if I have an account with a major US bank because, if so, then I might even be able to use something called Zelle !   

HUH  :blink: WTF !  I'm now wondering if they might already be working part time for Goldman or Marcus or who knows who ...

I'd pretend it went to my spam folder

That might have been an option earlier (considering that my hotmail / outlook junk folder has gone completely BERSERK* in the last few months) but as I said I have already responded

So I'm still patiently waiting and interested in how folks might have actually responded to such a raffle request ...

* Since September, something dramatically changed in the Microsoft vs The Spammers behind-the-scenes war and the The Spammers are winning BIG TIME !

Folks may not realize this but the major email services block TRILLIONS, yes TRILLIONS, of emails from ever reaching your JUNK folder. I used to get about 20-30 JUNK msgs per day and that's totally manageable. Now I'm getting about half that PER HOUR !!! My JUNK folder has 1000s upon 1000s of unambiguously, total spam crap that keeps on repeating and repeating the same obviously spam messages that should never be presented to an end user. It's totally out of control and I refuse to deal with my JUNK folder anymore ... which is a problem because they are probably 5-10 semi-important emails within that haystack of JUNK

I presume other hotmail users are experiencing this ?

And separately, the new version of iOS's mail client is totally screwed up too ... where you need to delete a msg TWICE before it is actually deleted ... and you may read a msg but iOS doesn't consider it as read so it remains as a new email msg that still must be dealt with so you need to re-view it a 2nd time and hope that works ... it's a fricking nightmare ... have others noticed this ? 

#4730 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Google
sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#4731 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

So I'm still patiently waiting and interested in how folks might have actually responded to such a raffle request ...

I'd buy one or two raffle tickets, and let that be the end of it. Via paypal perhaps.

#4732 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

In that case, I'd buy 10. (I really would!)

#4733 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Because you don't want aunt k to show you up. But I might make the purchase conditional on, for example, occasional email updates on the goings on in their lives. And they'd better fricking say thank you on their own volition.