Photo

Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Please log in to reply
4732 replies to this topic

#46 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,198 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

Is there any use for salted butter?

Popcorn?

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#47 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

External application?
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#48 Maurice Naughton

Maurice Naughton

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

Hot Buttered Rum?
Cambridge University Professor of Electrical Engineering, Sir Charles Oatley, in October, 1948, along with his student Dennis McMullan, began the research that led to the production of the first scanning electron microscope in 1965.

I thought you'd want to know.

#49 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

Why do the really cold winds in NYC always blow from New Jersey? It is always walking west that I have a cold wind in my face.
Elect-a-lujah

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#50 pete ganz

pete ganz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

Why do the really cold winds in NYC always blow from New Jersey?  It is always walking west that I have a cold wind in my face.

It's payback for all the B&T comments you New Yawkahs throw around :unsure:

#51 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

Why do the really cold winds in NYC always blow from New Jersey? It is always walking west that I have a cold wind in my face.

This is one of the few things for which New Jersey should not be blamed. It's actually Canada's fault.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#52 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Ah, I see: via the Garden State.
Elect-a-lujah

#53 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

Yeah my mom calls me when she wants to know what kind of weather she'll be having in two days. :unsure:
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#54 Maurice Naughton

Maurice Naughton

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:56 PM

Why do the really cold winds in NYC always blow from New Jersey?  It is always walking west that I have a cold wind in my face.

This is one of the few things for which New Jersey should not be blamed. It's actually Canada's fault.

Is the implication here that Canada sucks?
Cambridge University Professor of Electrical Engineering, Sir Charles Oatley, in October, 1948, along with his student Dennis McMullan, began the research that led to the production of the first scanning electron microscope in 1965.

I thought you'd want to know.

#55 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

No, that Canada blows.

#56 cristina

cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

No, that Canada blows.

:unsure:
Mexico Cooks!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

#57 ranitidine

ranitidine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:24 AM

Prevailing winds in North America are westerlies.
"Say not the struggle nought availeth...."
Arthur Hugh Clough, 1819-1861

Arise ye prisoners of starvation
Arise ye wretched of the earth

#58 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

Do we ever FEEL hungry when we're not? I know I sometimes THINK I'm hungry when I'm not. So what I'm wondering is, when I FEEL hungry, am I really hungry or is it a trick my body is playing on me?
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#59 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

It depends what you mean by "being hungry". If "being hungry" means just feeling hungry, then I submit that feeling hungry means you are hungry.

If, however, "being hungry" means that your body actually needs fuel, then I think it is possible to feel hungry when you are not. The usual cause, I believe, is your blood sugar getting out of whack, which can make you feel ravenous even though you have eaten normally.
Elect-a-lujah

#60 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,238 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:36 PM

I thought it was also related to ghrelin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghrelin
sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns