The Rancho Gordo Thread

8 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I found a very, very old bag of Santa Maria Pinquitos hiding in the back of my pantry last week. Soaked them for about 18 hours and then cooked them forever but they're beyond saving.

You gotta give them to @Sneakeater, who is cooking 20 year old pasta.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't it about time we had a dedicated thread?   I just received my latest shipment – Yellow Indian Woman, Flor de Junio and Flageolets (all of which I've ordered before) plus Good Mother Stallard,

Curious thing happened today. I put about a 1/2 lb of Madeira beans in water to soak. A couple of hours later, many (maybe 40%) of the beans had split completely in half. I'm charging ahead anyway,

I've missed all you alls so very much. 

Posted Images

Got my package a couple of days ago.  Very much looking forward to the desi chana (our very own Mongo's recipe for channa masala is featured in the newsletter).  Also, the big guy himself is going to be on this week's CBS Sunday Morning!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, StephanieL said:

Got my package a couple of days ago.  Very much looking forward to the desi chana (our very own Mongo's recipe for channa masala is featured in the newsletter).  Also, the big guy himself is going to be on this week's CBS Sunday Morning!

Indeed, a big shout out to @mongo_jones was nice to see!

yes, i was apparently doxxed by beanboy. 

it's not the first time one of my recipes has been in the bean club newsletter though. i am basically the key to his success. but will he ever acknowledge it? least of all, to himself?