Farm Stand Prices

Sunday's NYT Quick Bites has an article with prices for various crops in Hackettstown (western NJ). It's interesting comparing them to what I paid in Madison and Montclair farmers markets this week

Corn: 50 to 60 cents there. 60 cents in Madison, 70 cents in Montclair, and 60 cents at the Matarazzo market in North Caldwell

White and Yukon potatoes: 99 cents a pound to $1.19, versus $1 in Madison and $1.25 in Montclair (from several of the same merchants)

Heirloom Tomatoes: $2.49 there vs $2.50 in Montclair (I don't recall seeing them in Madison this week)

Quick Bite, after you pay

Sunday's NYT Quick Bites has an article with prices for various crops in Hackettstown (western NJ). It's interesting comparing them to what I paid in Madison and Montclair farmers markets this week

Corn: 50 to 60 cents there. 60 cents in Madison, 70 cents in Montclair, and 60 cents at the Matarazzo market in North Caldwell

White and Yukon potatoes: 99 cents a pound to $1.19, versus $1 in Madison and $1.25 in Montclair (from several of the same merchants)

Heirloom Tomatoes: $2.49 there vs $2.50 in Montclair (I don't recall seeing them in Madison this week)

Quick Bite, after you pay

Whoa, our potatoes out here are $3 a pound for Yukon Gold and others. Yikes! But only $2/pound for heirloom tomatoes.

Per ear? I assume you refer to sweet corn, but what varieties? Around here, gene su corn is significantly cheaper than gene su(sub2) varietals, and gene se and se+ hybrids are somewhere in between.

Here in Flint, mid-Michigan, se and se+ corn is about 35 cents an ear.