Tiger Woods

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE WATCHING THE TOURNAMENT!!! IT IS BEING BROADCAST ON A TAPE DELAY!!!

Okay, it took 4 playoff holes (three of which were not pretty) but Tiger wins his fourth tournament in a row :P . If he gets some sleep on the jet to and from the K Club, it could be 5 in a row since heis playing the Deutsche Bank this coming week.

• Like 1
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE WATCHING THE TOURNAMENT!!! IT IS BEING BROADCAST ON A TAPE DELAY!!!                                                                     O

All true, but he owes no one an apology or explanation except his wife.   Even his sponsors have an "out" clause. All they need to do is enforce it.   Vicarious lives exist in the prism of fant

To me, a legendary event in the history of sport took place today.

Ahhhhhh! I shouldn't have logged on. It's still playing on the East Coast for some reason. Oh well. Watching his first 27 holes this weekend was fascinating. Even in grind-it-out mode no one made a serious move. And then the final 9 hit.

I was hoping Love would stick around a bit longer this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Make that 5 in a row :P .

I'm not convinced that a smile is the best addendum to that :P Unless you have a vested interest in the Tiger, of course :P

From the perspective of the game of golf as an entertainment, I think domination is a bad thing. Butch Harman said a few weeks ago that if Tiger plays well in a competition, the only question is who comes second. That means that the PGA Tour is a much less competitive sport, which makes it less interesting to watch. If that starts to drop TV audiences, and thereby the prize money on offer, that will have a beneficiail long-term effect on the sport. But I'll be sorry to lose interest in the meantime.

]

I like and respect Tiger Woods, but I really don't want him to be that good for much longer.

Guest Adam Lawrence

Make that 5 in a row :P .

I'm not convinced that a smile is the best addendum to that :P Unless you have a vested interest in the Tiger, of course :P

From the perspective of the game of golf as an entertainment, I think domination is a bad thing. Butch Harman said a few weeks ago that if Tiger plays well in a competition, the only question is who comes second. That means that the PGA Tour is a much less competitive sport, which makes it less interesting to watch. If that starts to drop TV audiences, and thereby the prize money on offer, that will have a beneficiail long-term effect on the sport. But I'll be sorry to lose interest in the meantime.

]

I like and respect Tiger Woods, but I really don't want him to be that good for much longer.

I know exactly what you mean but I'm not sure your conclusions about the popularity of tour golf are right. Tiger has brought a huge, huge audience (and money) to the game and people really only want to see him. I'm not convinced they care less about anyone else.