The Scream

What makes you laugh?

Christmas is inherently manic-depressive, isn't it?

NO.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

"There'll be creepy ghost stories..."

Really? Will there? Why will there be creepy ghost stories? Just for the sake of a rhyme, yes or no?

But that's only one night and day, and then it's back to the old grind. Well, except for this year, when the damn holidays come on Sunday so we have to put up with nothing happening again until Tuesday.

(It's been a horrible month, so I'm just trying to look on the bright side to get through it. Oh, wait, right after New Year's I hit my birthday. Fuck. Never mind.)

Two birthdays, neither mine, both sides of Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. Too much good cheer. Roll on February.

I am in Quito, Ecuador, altitude 9,300 feet, to see family during the holiday season. One of my grand-nephews came to see me. As usual, we talk about life and have a few drinks.

I introduced him to my favorite rum. He looks at the labeling on the bottle and reads, “Aged at high altitude.”

He says, “Hey, so was my mother.”

Tori Spelling: "My New Year's resolution is to take five minutes a day for myself. As a busy working mom of three, sometimes I forget about me! I want to take five

minutes a day to de-stress and just breathe."

I am in Quito, Ecuador, altitude 9,300 feet, to see family during the holiday season. One of my grand-nephews came to see me. As usual, we talk about life and have a few drinks.

I introduced him to my favorite rum. He looks at the labeling on the bottle and reads, “Aged at high altitude.”

He says, “Hey, so was my mother.”

He definitely deserved another glass for that.