The Scream

What makes you laugh?

The Old Saturday Night Live with John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray and all the rest of that group.

While I'm at it...Animal House and other films of the genre with a number of the comedians listed above and Harold Ramus (sp) in the director's chair.

• Like 9

Belushi's cheeseburger, cheesburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi, pepsi and Garrett's send us your fondue sets are classics.

Eddie Izzard (seen him twice live)

Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show and Spinal Tap

Bill Maher, most of the time

Bill Hicks

Stephen Wright

Tracey Ullman

Lily Tomlin

Flip Wilson

John Cleese

Mel Brooks (some of the time)

Unfamous/infamous people:

DG Strong (a graphic designer in Nashville who posts at Readerville)

MattBites, the food blogger who will put anything into his mouth. (He reminds me a bit of Rancho Gordo, which must mean that Rancho Gordo makes me laugh.)

GG Mora

My younger sister, Kristen, who is the funniest person in my entire extended family.

Logan. He's hilarious.

Old SNLs, yes. I miss Gilda Radner still. And forever. I love heartful comedians. (Read: not Jerry Seinfeld.)

Other people, depending on my mood. Will Ferrell, for instance, I can go either way on. Napoleon Dynamite cracked me up, but I don't know why. It hit a nerve.

Johnny Carson (especially the one with Jack Webb doing Copper Clapper)

Early David Letterman

And Robin Williams (especially in small venues...saw him do a show for about 200...I don't think I have ever laughed so hard continuously).

this is the problem with this site. no one has yet mentioned the kids in the hall, w.c fields, laurel and hardy, michael kelly or spike milligan. not to mention peter cook. no wonder i feel so superior all the time.

I left out the two funniest TV segments ever: The Ministry of Funny Walks and Paul Simon playing one on one with Connie Hawkins on SNL.