• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eddie Izzard makes me laugh. Laugh out loud, laugh till it hurts, sometimes tears.   The Onion makes me laugh, but in a different way. It's more of the constant, quiet laughing and amusement. Girl M

The Old Saturday Night Live with John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray and all the rest of that group.   While I'm at it...Animal House and other films of

Kids in the hall, "where is Thierry?"

Posted Images

Years ago a friend and I worked our way through the then new Marcella Hazan cookbook.  After a few months, she said she didn't want to play anymore because her husband, increasingly disappointed with restaurant dinners was balking at going out.

This morning I presented Chuck with a handful of takeout options which he glanced at and dismissed, saying, "You remember what your friend Diane told you...."  

• 1 month later...

uh, scrolling a website and eating my very last bite of vegan something or other, i bit my damn finger.. like hard... And now I am in pain and it looks like a blister is forming.. Whats funny is, thats the most hardy bite I've had in three weeks. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

uh, scrolling a website and eating my very last bite of vegan something or other, i bit my damn finger.. like hard... And now I am in pain and it looks like a blister is forming.. Whats funny is, thats the most hardy bite I've had in three weeks. 

Your body has rejected the vegan lifestyle and is in revolt

• 1 month later...

Scanning ancient papers, I just found this. I worked for the publisher of Dances with Wolves when the movie came out, and my department's work included making the movie tie-in edition. I was an assistant editor with a former phone closet of an office, and wasn't closely connected to that book. But an editorial assistant who was involved with it, a very nice guy but naive, had a cube right outside my door. So I got to hear all about it.

I had a friend send my letter from another city, for an authentic postmark. The assistant fell for it hook, line, and sinker, falling to his knees while reading. He worried out loud for so long about how he was going to write a kind rejection letter that I told him myself, at the end of the day, that it had been me.

Dances with Toads - small.jpg

55 minutes ago, prasantrin said:

I am not a fan of practical jokes, but that's hilarious! Maybe you can get Daniel to have some stuffed toads with Kevin Costner's face made. And send one to your former colleague.

Poor Steve got some real crank mail, too. I saved this one.

Steve Glick 2-1.jpg