Book recommendations emailed by Amazon. Three of the ten sent are good recommendations; of course, I own and have read them.  Some of the others are bizarre. The Pout-Pout Fish (A Pout-Pout Fish Adventure...) might make sense had I been buying illustrated books for children, but I haven't done that in years. And it does sit a bit oddly next to Inquiries into Truth and Interpretation.

Maybe some of the recommendations are sponsored and just sent to everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eddie Izzard makes me laugh. Laugh out loud, laugh till it hurts, sometimes tears.   The Onion makes me laugh, but in a different way. It's more of the constant, quiet laughing and amusement. Girl M

The Old Saturday Night Live with John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray and all the rest of that group.   While I'm at it...Animal House and other films of

Kids in the hall, "where is Thierry?"

Posted Images

Just tucked in last night when the sirens of several fire trucks stopped way too close to our house to ignore.    Throw on robe and trot downstairs to find a police car blocking one end of our street and the flashing lights of the trucks at the others.   Husband pads down after me with just his short jammas.    He grabs his raincoat and puts on moccasins to go check out what's going on.    I stayed on our front entrance ledge.    Through a hedge, I can see him chatting up our new quiet, Hindi neighbors.    Cool people, though.   Never blinked an eye.   Maybe thought he was working up his flasher Halloween costume.        

Turned out to be a false alarm, or else this wouldn't be a humorous subject. 

Mm, in the last few weeks we've had a fire next door, which filled the apartment with smoke, and a fire somewhere in the massive NYCHA complex across the street which brought something like seven fire trucks.

I did venture outside to inspect the fire next door. That one was a bit too close.

For my birthday, my office sent me cupcakes that look like unicorn fever dreams.  Turns out they're from the offerings that this particular bakery specifically designates as being for girls.  Yep, if I were 8 years old these would be my dream cupcakes for sure. 😉

Maybe they think I have the maturity of an 8-year-old.

I need to forward this to my d-i-l.   On the obverse, when packing grandmuffins' lunches after sleepovers, you wouldn't believe the fanciful recommendations the kids give me about "what Mama gives us" inclusions.