• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eddie Izzard makes me laugh. Laugh out loud, laugh till it hurts, sometimes tears.   The Onion makes me laugh, but in a different way. It's more of the constant, quiet laughing and amusement. Girl M

The Old Saturday Night Live with John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Garrett Morris, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray and all the rest of that group.   While I'm at it...Animal House and other films of

Kids in the hall, "where is Thierry?"

Posted Images

Our across-the-street neighbor has been renovating for well over a year.   They have essentially replaced the house...several times over.    Today a landscaper has delivered 2 dozen 12ft tall Cypress trees for the back yard.   It looks like the forest of Great Bernam has come again.    I mean. The yard isn’t that big, maybe 25x25.

Yesterday afternoon, a crew iof minions carried half these trees (which husband corrected me numbered closer to 30) down the hill to the front of their property.    Now THAT was creepy.

Well, this made ME laugh.   The other night I was trying to bring a situation to husband's mind.    We had joined friends for an antique event in north-mid Massachusetts.   All I could remember was that the name of the town was somewhat "off".   I couldn't rattle his memory by describing the friends, the items he was looking for or the hotel or the name of the town.   OK, forget about it.  

But I just pulled up a Google map of MA and, bingo!    Athol.    One of my favorite repeated lines from "Lion, Witch and Wardrobe".

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

I can honestly say that in 50 or so years we shared space on the planet, my mother and I never discussed durian.

I don't think I've ever discussed it with my mother either. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure she ever heard of the durian.

5 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

I don't think I've ever discussed it with my mother either. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure she ever heard of the durian.

My mother and I made durian ice cream! And my daughter and I often go out for avocado-durian smoothies. The smoothie people usually ask if we know what we're getting into.