Dessert, the Sweet Spot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I should create a thread for desserts, sweets, confection-making, etc. For selfish reasons, of course. I made a clafouti the other night. Not just a clafouti; a heaven-sent, got-religion,

Thanks to Pingarina for spreading the love. I made a plum clafouti for dessert last night (using the batter recipe Omni posted). We enjoyed it enormously.

What did Ali serve last night - was it sauteed pears?

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, StephanieL said:

Yuletide Bread, a Swedish recipe.  I'd been hanging on to this recipe for weeks, nudging N to make it.  Despite the name, it's not a yeast bread, but rather a cake/quick bread.  It's not super-sweet, and goes really well with coffee/tea--nice for breakfast or an afternoon break.

Oh God I wish I had someone I could nudge to make this.

• 2 weeks later...

N made two desserts this past weekend. One was a simple combination of Baker's Ginger Nuts (the spiciest ginger cookie I've ever had) and Bird's Custard; the other was a bake/casserole with sweet potatoes, coconut milk, regular and golden raisins, and pecans.  Now these were made separately and made to be eaten separately, but frankly they're pretty good together.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a family tradition of making poop emoji cookies for Purim (hamenstachen are coming). Boy helped with the decoration. Also known as our critique of the last 12 months.

F28740B4-DD90-4602-AD53-9EF52F2FEA1C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Look, I know I didn't make them.  And objectively, they are not a high-quality product.

But let me just say how insanely I love Joyva ring jells (from nearby Bushwick:  I must have passed by their factory about a million times).

If anyone were to make a Genin-level version of this, I would be their BITCH.  Forever.

The heart wants what it wants. I like them too, my grandmother used to have them sometimes. Wierdly, or I guess not so weirdly, you can get something similar here around Christmas. 

Yes, Joyva jelly rings are IT.  I should have gotten a K for P version.

Joyva halvah, OTOH, was always kind of dry to me, with the texture a bit like the inside of a Butterfinger.  I never really liked halvah until I had the bulk version (ie, sold in blocks at Sahadi) for the first time.

22 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

But let me just say how insanely I love Joyva ring jells (from nearby Bushwick:  I must have passed by their factory about a million times).

If anyone were to make a Genin-level version of this, I would be their BITCH.  Forever.

Are these anything close to what you are hoping for?