Friday Night Lights

The crew of Friday Night Lights was setting up for a shoot at my podunk, homegrown gym this morning. They were turning one of the workout rooms into an office: they constructed an extra wall with a window in it, another wall with a door , and had put up shelves. They took over the parking lot as well. All for one day's work. Looked tedious to me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show's getting good reviews, so I thought I'd tune in. Supposedly they've renovated an unused football stadium in Pflugerville, and they've said that they're going to donate it to the city after the series is over.

They filmed a lot of the movie at St. Stephen's when Courtney was teaching there. She said it was sort of exciting, but kind of a pain, to have them at the campus all the time.

I really got a kick out of this. Although not sure the reasons why would translate well to non-Austinites.

For one thing, I absolutely loved the football game segments, and watching the Westlake Chaps, the REAL perennial State Champs, swagger around. I mean, they just looked like champs, didn't they? I kind of got an idea as to what it must feel like to be an opposing high school team getting ready to face them on the field. Gulp.

And that cameo where Mack Brown played a local bigwig getting in the coach's face with all sorts of attitude and know-it-all "advice" was hilarious. I'll bet Mack wrote that himself, after years of wishing he could show the jerks how they are perceived by others.

i caught the wednesday replay and thought it was fine--the football scenes were gripping, if entirely predictable. but the camera work, the editing, the soundtracking of every moment--none of this seemed in any way original to me. basic mtv aesthetic.

i'm not going to be able to watch very much more of it though, since it airs at 7 pm here in colorado, and on tuesdays and thursdays i don't get home till 7.20 (which also causes me to miss the newly rescheduled "my name is earl"). i see that nbc offers the whole episode on their website--maybe i'll watch it that way.

i'm not going to be able to watch very much more of it though, since it airs at 7 pm here in colorado, and on tuesdays and thursdays i don't get home till 7.20 (which also causes me to miss the newly rescheduled "my name is earl"). i see that nbc offers the whole episode on their website--maybe i'll watch it that way.

One word, Mongo: TIVO

It will change your life.

the comcast budget has already moved in just this manner to $140 per month. i can live with watching less tv.

Lordy. You've now put it into terms I can understand. I agree. I could live with watching less TV, too.

:D

that $140 tag includes high-speed internet, a digitial package and hdtv. i waste enough of my life with crappy movies on ondemand--don't need to have access as well to shows that i wouldn't otherwise make a strong effort to watch.

that $140 tag includes high-speed internet, a digitial package and hdtv. i waste enough of my life with crappy movies on ondemand--don't need to have access as well to shows that i wouldn't otherwise make a strong effort to watch.

Well, God love it....

VCR with a timer? DVD-R with a timer if you've eschewed tape. :D

I read this saying that's pretty accurate: the most exciting hour of your life is the first one on a movie set. The most tedious hours of your life are all the ones after that.

• 1 month later...