Friday Night Lights

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Friday Night Lights, which has developed a small but loyal audience, has announced that this is going to be the fifth and final season. They say that all of the important characters from the previous four seasons will return to wrap up the story lines. I think they feel they're going out on a high note, especially since the actors that play the two main characters, Coach Taylor and his wife Tami, each got an Emmy nomination this year.

The last season premieres tonight.

Friday Night Lights, which has developed a small but loyal audience, has announced that this is going to be the fifth and final season. They say that all of the important characters from the previous four seasons will return to wrap up the story lines. I think they feel they're going out on a high note, especially since the actors that play the two main characters, Coach Taylor and his wife Tami, each got an Emmy nomination this year.

The last season premieres tonight.

It's a great show. They announced that it would end after this season back last year when they re-uped the production cost sharing deal between DirecTV and NBC.

• 2 months later...

I didn't realize it, but apparently back last January the LA Times said that Friday Night Lights may be the best dramatic series in the history of television.

I can't think of a single one I've liked better.

They did say that none of the actors had received Emmy nominations. That was rectified this year.

This is the last season. I'm really going to miss it.

• 4 weeks later...

For those of us not on DirectTV, the NBC final season [season 5] begins on the 15th of April - ten days after Season 5 comes out on DVD.

I'll just add that I am on DirectTV and this season is true to form - in other words, excellent.

Watched the finale last night. Absolutely wonderful.

Have I said that I really, really love this show?

After the episode aired, there was a brief segment wherein they interviewed the main actors. They all said that it had been great being a part of this, and that they were going to miss it.

As am I.

I realize there has to be an end to this series eventually, but I plan on crying every Friday night from the 15th of April until it signs off. At least I'll have each season's DVD whenver I want to revisit Dillon.

I must say that I really liked the way they wound it up. It didn't feel truncated. More like the satisfying end to a wonderful book.

Never watched the show, but I see that the first four seasons are on Netflix streaming. Is the thing to do just to start with the first season?

Don't even think about starting anywhere else. Be forewarned that the second season went off the rails, but they got back on track by the third.

• 2 weeks later...