Friday Night Lights

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Forget David Bowie and Willem Dafoe.

kitsch_taylor12_jpg.jpg

Yep, he's a dreamboat, all right. Oh, Tim Riggins! You are the tragic antihero of the show.

So I think that the second season mostly just got off to a bad start; the rest of it was terrific. As were seasons three and four. Which I've watched, over the course of like a week and a half. And yeah, I got all snuffled up, at least once per episode.

So, um, what's the deal with season five? Looks like it'll be broadcast (how cute!) on NBC on April 15. I'm guessing it'll be streaming an episode per week on NBC's website as well..

Forget David Bowie and Willem Dafoe.

kitsch_taylor12_jpg.jpg

Yep, he's a dreamboat, all right. Oh, Tim Riggins! You are the tragic antihero of the show.

That scene in the opening/closing credits of him standing forlornly out in the rain beside the departing school bus gets me every time. If I were younger, I swear I'd be his stalker.

• 1 month later...

Interesting story in NYTimes about FNL and Glee.

It's true Glee has never matched the pilot episode and it's really inconsistent, sometimes silly.

How often in life to the freaks beat out the football team?

that just speaks to the moral rot and decay in America.

The only other show I've enjoy as much over several seasons as FNL is "The Wire"

I feel the same sense of regret as we approch the last weeks of FNL as I did for the last season of "the wire".

Admittedly "The Wire" is another level up in terms of scope, seriousness et al. But in the sense of something being a light drama, I think FNL is the best ever.

ETA: BTW I love the Essay Rancho posted. I think it speaks to why I love FNL so much.

I spent a whole lot of my pre-adolescence wishing my hometown were a lot more like Odessa/Dillon, and a whole lot more of my adulthood thanking got it wasn't.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...