Clothes for fall 2006

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on the hunt for a classic camel-colored cashmere twin set. I'll pay a reward for good leads for someting plain and not sickeningly expensive.

Sorry, I was typing quickly. Ass-crack is declasse.

Yeah, I saw that in NY times I think. Chip and Pepper?

I'm completely blanking. Nothing is showing up on the NY Times website. And I flipped through New York Mag. Not in the WSJ Pursuits section either (they did a different denim article). Blovie remembers reading it as well, but is equally as forgetful of the source.

Just team it with khaki and pop it with fire engine red and you'll be saying, "Wow!"

It's very Fall 2006.

I love fashion!

You forgot the #2 pencil neatly tucked into the "cleavage".

I'm completely blanking. Nothing is showing up on the NY Times website. And I flipped through New York Mag. Not in the WSJ Pursuits section either (they did a different denim article). Blovie remembers reading it as well, but is equally as forgetful of the source.

Paper Denim and Cloth has a slightly higher rise in the back, as do Citizens of Humanity. Citizens fit me well--they are roomier in the thigh.

Have you tried jeans at Express? I find their waist to thigh ratio more comfortable than that of jeans from the Gap.

If anyone has any interest in skinny jeans, I found a great pair on Avenue B and 12th street. The name of the store escapes me, but it's on the West side of Avenue B and the window displays are always done very nicely. the fabric is pre-shrunk and then the waist has twelve rows of decorative stitching that also has the useful function of preventing the waist from stretching out after one wear. The waist is also higher in the back. The brand is called "Suzette Sundae", named after the designer and owner of the store.

I saw the same item too, and can't remember where it was either :D Maybe Daily Candy? Or one of those NY Mag fashion alert newsletters?

The "reverse fit" Gap jean is the one I wear. It is available only on-line and hasn't been in the stores in many years. The waist sits at my waist and the cut is a bit fuller in the thighs and then the legs taper just a little, so the feeling is that of a straight leg, but it isn't.

I've tried on every single pair of jeans the Gap sells. No dice.

I thought I had tried every pair the gap sold, too. i happened to be in desperation for ANYTHING that was long enough, when I tried on a pair of "Curvy flares". I am not curvy; I just tried them on cuz they had them in longs.But they are IT. I got online that nite and ordered 3 more pair in X-long....They are low cut, they have a bit of lycra, they cling to your thighs, and they don't cause the dreaded "muffin top" effect on the waist, for people like me who have a little, er, muffin top there...i love them. I sincerely suggest you go put them on your body, at least once...

I love the pair of the skinny black pants I got at the Gap (and not just because I actually fit into them). Thanks to that little bit of spandex, they're very comfortable, even if I wish they weren't quite so low-rise. They sell a few different versions; I got the one with belt loops (the basic model doesn't have them) and zippers on the bottoms of the legs.

I just made an impulse purchase of straight-leg Levi's at the new Levi's store on 14th Street. Still a little snug, but once I hit my goal weight they should fit fine. Not a bad price, too.

I love the pair of the skinny black pants I got at the Gap (and not just because I actually fit into them). Thanks to that little bit of spandex, they're very comfortable, even if I wish they weren't quite so low-rise. They sell a few different versions; I got the one with belt loops (the basic model doesn't have them) and zippers on the bottoms of the legs.

I just made an impulse purchase of straight-leg Levi's at the new Levi's store on 14th Street. Still a little snug, but once I hit my goal weight they should fit fine. Not a bad price, too.

Those Audrey pants?