Clothes for fall 2006

I love the pair of the skinny black pants I got at the Gap (and not just because I actually fit into them). Thanks to that little bit of spandex, they're very comfortable, even if I wish they weren't quite so low-rise. They sell a few different versions; I got the one with belt loops (the basic model doesn't have them) and zippers on the bottoms of the legs.

I just made an impulse purchase of straight-leg Levi's at the new Levi's store on 14th Street. Still a little snug, but once I hit my goal weight they should fit fine. Not a bad price, too.

I'm sort of mildly curious about these pants but I need more black pants like I need...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on the hunt for a classic camel-colored cashmere twin set. I'll pay a reward for good leads for someting plain and not sickeningly expensive.

I got a pair of jeans at Lucky. I was desperate for them since my Old Navy $20 pair is looking super shabby ... wonder why, I've only been wearing them for 4 years. I HATE the experience of trying on jeans but the saleslady was great -- try on these, try on those. I probably tried 10 pairs and ended up with a great low in front, but not too low, coverage over the ample booty, slightly bootcut jeans. I know bootcut isn't au courant, but I wear boots in the winter as part of my standard "uniform" and I hate the look of skinny jeans tucked into boots, on me.

I need to check out those Galleygirl recommended curvy GAP jeans, tho. I've met her, she *is* curvy, and so am I. I feel optimistic.

The saleswoman said you should always ask for help when buying jeans. The sales staff know how each model fits, which run small or large, color and cut options, and can help you find something if you can be patient and willing to try a lot of denim. But if you can find the right jeans, it's all worth it.

This doesn't answer Omni, but for anyone plus sized, I suggest chico's jeans..their boot cut is a soft one, just the bit of flare..which helps proportion a chubby gal like me..that magic amount of spandex, enough to "give", but not enough to "cling". However, I have had to repair two pairs by replacing the zippers..and not from over stuffing..I was actually wearing their size 3 ( they only have 0-3.5) and and at the end of a successful summer of eating healthier, was down to a 2.5..comfortably ( I am way too old to wear anything that isn't comfortable :P !) ..but still the zipper didn't last. It zips easy, but then doesn't stay "locked" at the top. It was only a few bucks to replace the zipper, and the Jeans are under $70, so I still think they are worth it.

I got the zipper-bottomed, Audrey black pants at Gap also. They only had larger sizes in my local store, so I tried one on and tried to "guesstimate" what size would fit and not be too clingy. They came in the mail yesterday, but I haven't tried them on yet. They are actually considered cropped pants, but they fit me perfectly.

Omni, I have similae issues in looking for jeans, and so far have been not that successful. Being long-waisted, most of the low rise styles are just too short where it counts. Gap Boot-Cut Stretch from a few years ago are my favorite fitting pair, so far. And, surprisingly, an inexpensive pair from Old Navy, in dark wash with no pocket embellishments, are pretty flattering also. These are the only stores where I can buy ankle or short length and have them fall just right.

I need to check out those Galleygirl recommended curvy GAP jeans, tho. I've met her, she *is* curvy, and so am I. I feel optimistic.

See, I thought the gap definition of curvy was, like, maybe having a teeny waist, and womanly hips, a classic hourglass figure...Since I am so thick around the middle, I wouldn't have even bothered trying them on. Of course, since they hit on the hips, this skirts the whole issue of whether one has a waspish waist :P . and they do come high enough in the back to avoid crackology...I like them cuz they make me feel thin.

And, with all these lower cut jeans, one requires lower cut underwear. I went to get my favorite Victoria's Secret all-cotton bikinis, in low cut, and found they had restyled them...And they're BETTER now! Softer cotton, thinner, softer elastic at waist and legs for less panty line....I know I sound like a commercial, I don't care. These are even better than my old favorites from the now-gone Cacique. Rarely does something redone become better....

I got the zipper-bottomed, Audrey black pants at Gap also. They only had larger sizes in my local store, so I tried one on and tried to "guesstimate" what size would fit and not be too clingy. They came in the mail yesterday, but I haven't tried them on yet. They are actually considered cropped pants, but they fit me perfectly.

Yep, these are the Audrey pants. The best part is that on little ol' 5-foot tall me, they're nice and long.

Well, I got lucky at Lucky. Bought a pair of jeans - model is called "Sweet Dream" - described as ultra low rise, button fly, slim fit flare. But actually they are not low in the back, and not too low in the front. I wouldn't say they are PERFECT on me, but they're pretty darn good. And they were $98, which is QUITE enough for a pair of jeans.