Clothes for fall 2006

OK. L.A. is possibly the leather pant capital of the world. I don't recall ever seeing Shakira style pants off the rack around here, not that I've looked really hard.

Shopping in L.A.

Ligia Morris' lengthy career as a stylist, fashion and costume designer includes an impressive celebrity roster: Mary J. Blige, Courtney Love, Cher, Iggy Pop, Britney Spears, and she designed the first J. Lo line for Jennifer Lopez. Although her clients include rock 'n rollers, Morris describes her style as high fashion with an urban flair. She prides herself in custom pieces because she's involved in the entire creative process: illustrations, pattern making, and sewing (she does outsource some work but "it's not like it's done by an underpaid Mexican," she said. Morris prefers using deerskin but also designs with cowhide, goat and lambskin suede, infusing stretch wool or denim; fox, mink and sheep fur when appropriate. Morris has a celebrity following for a reason--such craftsmanship takes time and money. Pieces are usually completed in 30 days (but clients can always pay for a rush) and leather pants start at $900. Like the old adage says you get what you pay for and at this boutique it's a leather bustier like Shakira's.

The pants start at $900, YIKES!

Time for a trip to an outlet store.

I was just gonna say...custom. You can't get leather like that off the rack.

Come to think of it, I dabbled in clothing design in another life. I can make my own pattern, buy the leather and take it to a sewer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm on the hunt for a classic camel-colored cashmere twin set. I'll pay a reward for good leads for someting plain and not sickeningly expensive.

Come to think of it, I dabbled in clothing design in another life. I can make my own pattern, buy the leather and take it to a sewer.

wouldn't it get kind of smelly?

Pssst!!! A good removeable and washable liner inside the pant. Also, I keep myself impeccably fresh. :lol:

Pssst!!! A good removeable and washable liner inside the pant. Also, I keep myself impeccably fresh. :lol:

fresh like spring? flowers, mayhap?

Fresh fruit flavors actually.

Fresh fruit flavors actually.

ripe, huh?

• 4 weeks later...

My deep brown leather pants arrived today. I bought them on ebay for $10.50 plus $7.50 shipping. DKNY size 2, in case you're wondering Rebecca.

They fit perfectly, almost as good as custom. But a whole lot cheaper. I also bought a pair of DKNY cotton pants with a suede front.

I don't feel bad about wearing leather pants because I am fairly small. Someone like g. johnson should never wear leather pants. I think he would need a whole cow to make one pair of pants that fit him. Clearly excessive. I could have about 10 pairs of pants made from the same material.

• 1 month later...

I've been living in these. Just found out the style name from reading the label to a nice rep on Levistore.com. I'm about to order two more. Just love them. And they are from the juniors line which means cheaper, even. :blink:

Do these fit like most levis styles? Or do they run a little big around the hips for the slouch effect?

Beautiful Michael Kors white peasant style blouse with eyelet and lace...peasant style as in pirate 3/4 sleeves, loose neckline..but thankfully not peasant style as in no shape, is she pregnant??? style.

Actually I have to admit that I am just looking old enough that pregnancy would not be the assumed condition...in a way, its a relief. In a sad, surrendering kind of way, but still a relief! :blink: