I don't know how they could breathe, much less sing, with all that 1950s corseting.

It's just so odd how in those days, the goal was to look as beautiful and glamorous as possible. Now it's how to maintain the illusion of having just gotten out of bed (preferably after binging on pig sex and heroin.)

It's just so odd how in those days, the goal was to look as beautiful and glamorous as possible. Now it's how to maintain the illusion of having just gotten out of bed (preferably after binging on pig sex and heroin.)

and your point is?

and your point is?

The best things in life are free!

He just wanted to say 'binging on pig sex and heroin'. :P

Right. At least they weren't bingeing.

You did this on purpose, didn't you! Stunningly gorgeous new avatar embellishments. And your point? Repeat: your point? The best things in life are free? Obviously we can argue THIS ONE forever. The Playtex Girdles and Max Factor grease paint weren't cheap, as weren't your computer hardware/software, Mr. Full of Frijoles. However, I was thinking just this morning whether the whole culture of trying to look your best rather than au natural wasn't a whole lot more fun, if dishonest. Or was it? I actually think I do look look slimmer in vertical stripes instead of horizontal stripes. And I really LOVE Liza Minnelli in eye makeup and dressed for the stage. Is this not a value in itself? Those damn '60's hippies ruined everything for us, on a certain level, but were (in my experience) the least tolerant and most judgmental of all. Anyone see The Factory yet? I knew Edie. This slides into this whole discussion.