Sound quality is less than ideal but I love the music. You should have a cooking show.

And I thought it was just the lousy speakers on my laptop. I had sound issues as well. Amp it up and we have a winner.

• Like 2

Sound quality is less than ideal but I love the music. You should have a cooking show.

And I thought it was just the lousy speakers on my laptop. I had sound issues as well. Amp it up and we have a winner.

I was thinking the same thing about my laptop.

Nice bean pot.

Yes, the sound is an issue, plus the music is too loud.

The song is Jesusita in Chihuahua and if you are Western Swing fan, you'll know that this Mexican classic was later "borrowed" by Cliff Bruner to become the Jessie Waltz.

It's a first go. There's much work to do!

Why don't the carrots stick to your knife when you're slicing them? :P

The scalloped edge to the knife, whatever that's called.

Guest 24k

Charmed at Rancho's opening duet of Peggy & Dinah, other duets that knock me out (knowing there are TONS more, but these always charmed me):

Mel & Judy (her last note alone is amazing!)

Bing & Bowie (always brings tears to my eyes...)

(who knew??)

Steve, you are sooo adorable. Not too chatty at all - - all cooking shows are best when there is a stream of instructions flowing throughout. Remember those early European cooking shows with Elsa Whatshername where all you heard was the refrigerator/generator running? And you covered the first-soak liquor controversy without even mentioning Bean-O. So proud of you. Dave has obviously been drag searched from a bayou (I've been Jonesing for Justin Wilson and he came close!), and the star is, of course, Ms. Lima Beans. I discovered them upon reading VOGUE in the hospital (my appendectomy and boy was I hungry) and finding Vladamir Nabokov's recipe: add a pound of real butter and 2 tablespoons of dill. Serve with creme fraiche on zee top. Lots of entertainment for two days, whew! And congrats to GrantK, too. Ya should've sent him off with Jaymes, but you might've had to add La Golandrina to the sounctrack for that one.

how long do you soak the beans?

how long do you cook the beans?

how do you know they're done, if not cooking by a clock?

how do these things differ by bean type, if they do?

I know you're a lit guy and all, but really, it's all there. Play it loud for maximum effect though.

The sound sucks. It's worse than it sounded through the headphones at the time. My fault, I probably had the wireless mic set wrong. At least I hope it was user error and not something wrong with the wireless system itself.

Yes, the sound is an issue, plus the music is too loud.

I know you're a lit guy and all, but really, it's all there. Play it loud for maximum effect though.

i need the occasional text flashed on screen, and maybe a brief captioned recipe wrap-up at the end. i watched the whole thing, but none of this stuck with me. there need to be more emphasis points--that is, if the goal really is to show people how to cook the beans.

--that is, if the goal really is to show people how to cook the beans.

Intriguing. So you detect a hidden agenda. You might be onto something.

i need the occasional text flashed on screen, and maybe a brief captioned recipe wrap-up at the end. i watched the whole thing, but none of this stuck with me. there need to be more emphasis points--that is, if the goal really is to show people how to cook the beans.

Perhaps it is a geared to be just enough information to get you to buy the 'Rancho knows Beans' series on DVD and companion cookbook.