Did you see the movie? Does Lily come off playing it too broad? Was she being overly sensitive? Was that Dustin Hoffman in the middle, basically agreeing with her, but much less upset?

I know it shouldn't be out there but it really was fascinating and once you understood what was going on, sympathies went to Tomlin.

Yes, David O. Russell is well-known for his contentious relationship with his actors. George Clooney almost went to blows with him on the set of 3 Kings (a great movie, BTW) and vowed never to work with him again. Then, Sharon Waxman wrote a long piece for the NYT Mag on the behind the scenes shenanigans of I Heart Huckabees and how Russell was driving all the actors nuts. Russell put a fatwa out on Waxman and said she violated confidentiality. He hasn't made a movie since.

Crazy, nuts, drama.

Typical Hollywood.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've been threatening to do this, so I will commence.   This is great: Dinah Shore and Peggy Lee   Worth it for the dresses alone.

Ahh, you have stolen my heart and given me goosebumps. And with Danish subtitles no less. Ineffable. Thanks for sharing. Someone should start a thread on Danish table manners - - the most superbl

And I thought it was just the lousy speakers on my laptop. I had sound issues as well. Amp it up and we have a winner.

It's been removed, whatever it was.

Elyse, It needed to be. It was terribly offensive (and profane) with NO redeeming value I could observe.

It would of only created a lot of anxious moments for the moderators. I agree with Peter. A wise choice of actions.

It was Lily Tomlin freaking out at her inept director. At first you think she's nuts but then it comes out that he'd been telling them one way to play it, and they did all day, and now after all the work was done he was saying it take it down a notch. I think when you play really broadly, you feel vulnerable and she really put her trust in the director. At the last minute, when there was no chance of reshooting, he says try it a different way and then there are fireworks.

I thought it was fascinating and a real insight into film making.

There's another bit of footage that I've seen where the director is freaking out at Lily. It's pretty surreal. All the actors and stage hands are sitting there motionless while what'shisname physically rampages through the set. I think he might've even dropped the c-bomb.

Incidentally, this footage should have been destroyed. The person who filmed it and made it available has been blacklisted.

:P

Damn, and I missed it? I miss all the good stuff.

In YouTube, if you search "Lily Tomlin Freak" it will show up (at least it did for me).

Elyse, It needed to be. It was terribly offensive (and profane) with NO redeeming value I could observe.

It would of only created a lot of anxious moments for the moderators. I agree with Peter. A wise choice of actions.

It was Lily Tomlin freaking out at her inept director. At first you think she's nuts but then it comes out that he'd been telling them one way to play it, and they did all day, and now after all the work was done he was saying it take it down a notch. I think when you play really broadly, you feel vulnerable and she really put her trust in the director. At the last minute, when there was no chance of reshooting, he says try it a different way and then there are fireworks.

There's another bit of footage that I've seen where the director is freaking out at Lily. It's pretty surreal. All the actors and stage hands are sitting there motionless while what'shisname physically rampages through the set. I think he might've even dropped the c-bomb.

Incidentally, this footage should have been destroyed. The person who filmed it and made it available has been blacklisted.

In YouTube, if you search "Lily Tomlin Freak" it will show up (at least it did for me).

I think that's the one abbylovi was describing where the director freaks out. This one was a car scene and I assume after this scene and Tomlin has had enough.

I have to say I just love her voice and her cadence and of course she's funny and probably very insecure, especially about acting.

I think that's the one abbylovi was describing where the director freaks out. This one was a car scene and I assume after this scene and Tomlin has had enough.

Yep, that was the one. I thought Lily was very well behaved. Thanks Caroline.

You can find that one with the same search. It's only a few seconds long.

I wanna marry Knut and have his babies! I'm not ashamed! :P
Have you been spending too much time in the Brangelina thread? :o

Well, it was all going well until I read in PageSix that Knut may be cheating on me with some hoochie over in the tiger pit. That slut! I have a mind to go over and rip off her shabby endangered pelt!

Knut, make me your baby mama! :D

You can find that one with the same search. It's only a few seconds long.

That one is very unfortunate because it's all out of context and makes Tomlin seem mean and insane. I found the three minute segment by doing a search just on Lily Tomlin. But the whole thing should go down or all of it stay up. the three second clip is just wrong.

Don't even think about it, bucko. :P