Wilfrid1

Polenta - ideas?

I made too much polenta, and it is now firmly set as a large, sliceable cake in the refrigerator.

I know I can use it as an accompaniment to dishes with a suitable sauce. Any other ideas for using it?

Slices of polenta layered in a baking dish with a hearty tomato sauce, fontina, and gorgonzola. Pop into the oven until it is warmed through.

It has to be wedges. It's cake shaped. :angry:

Oh, a fricassee of mushrooms over it might be a nice idea too.

I was going to say that. I once tried to impress the future-Mister with polenta cake graced with a variety of toppings. Mushrooms was one. Edamame pesto another. Onion confit, too, if I recall.

I read your plea and thought, Pity, but he's on his own! But as I sat down with the latest Food & Wine, lo!, there are two recipes. Herbed Polenta and Parmasan Gratin, p 108 and Polenta Gratin with Spinach and WIld Mushrooms which apparently is available at foodandwine.com/vegetarian.

I like to use Rachael. :)

What on earth can you possibly see in Little Miss Gigglehead? Don't make me doubt you here. :angry:

Use the recipe with confidence!

MARI from Winchester VA says, "This was so full of flavor that I believe I had a smile on my face with each and every bite!"

MICHELLE from Rowlett TX praises, "This was delicious and so easy, the hardest part was finding the polenta at the supermarket."

RACHAEL says,

rachael_chocolat.jpg

"Ummm, Wilfie, you know you want to try my PO-LEN-TAAA!"

I'm sure I can find some images if that one isn't working.

Edit: Oh yes, it's working now.

Talking of polenta, does anyone know of a south Manhattan or mail order source of the real stuff. Even in Garden of Eden, I can only find instant.