What are you watching?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

The bar at the heart of it is the ne plus ultra of aging lax-bro/finance bro/post paddle at plandome country club Hangouts. So the movie amused me in that way.

That sounds nothing like the bar in the book. I liked the book very much; did not know about the movie.

Yojimbo was fun, obviously another movie Tarantino and everyone else copied. I tried not to be distracted by the idea that the title, in English, would be a colloquial way of hailing a friend named James.

Is anyone else watching Euphoria? I have much to say about the season 2 opener but this may not be the audience. 

2 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Yojimbo was fun, obviously another movie Tarantino and everyone else copied.

For example everybody involved with A Fistful of Dollars (a great movie, don’t get me wrong).  

2 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

Is anyone else watching Euphoria?

I watched part of the first season, but to me it was just "bad teens do bad things, look good doing it." So I bailed. I certainly know a lot of people who are fans, but I'm not its audience.

• Thanks 1

Season opener was probably as over-the-top and gratuitously gross as anything in season one. My new theory about why it's so great is that Zendaya's performance, in the context of everything going on around her, is so precisely understated. 

Saw the first episode of "The Kings of Napa" sort of an amalgam of "Falcon Crest" and "Empire" shot mostly in Toronto. I expected the writing and directing would be better in this pilot episode. Way too many scenes of most of the cast sitting at large tables seemingly plotting against one another. The settings are nice.  The fashions are on point. But the story is missing something (perhaps if there were less exposition).  Maybe next episode will show improvement.

Cobra Kai Sea 4 Epi 4 … meet ‘em and beat ‘em on the mat … make that the diamond in 30 … b there or b square … winners use wisdom to transform fear into weapons … focus focus focus (and i'm NOT talking hokus pokus ! )  … back to former glory … Make CK Great Again ! 

Is there any better drama to be found anywhere on the small screen ? Doubt it ... seriously ...

Okay .. onwards and upwards towards our fabulous homo sapien future  ... ie more Manolis Kellis lectures for me ... been focused on these for almost 20 years ... if you're just getting started with MK then, I'm sad to say, you're decades behind, but no worries  ... better late then never ... as long as you can handle the hailstorm of genomic data heading your way

Listen VERY, VERY CAREFULLY ... Comp Bio is, without a doubt, the future ... and Chambo's ALL IN once again (gargantuan risk => gargantuan reward) and so should you be if unlimited risk and unimaginable wealth is to be in YOUR future !!!  ... I tried to explain Bitcoin a decade before but you all thought I was bluffing (am I not right, Holly ?) and hence you bailed on being multi-billionaires (unlike Chambo) ... and I then I gave you a path to hippopotamus-like prosperity by nurturing the necessity of a Netflix investment, spending enormous energy long ago to totally explain the next global network ... twas a no-brainer to non-sensical wealth (but confused communists dumped there stinky shit on Chambo's soothsayings so I simply went silent and let time tell the story ... and it has) ... and now like a transmogrified magician, our beloved Bonner seems to have become our leading biologist, virologist, epidemiologist AND COVID expert ! 

Bravo, Bonner !

How'd you pull that cat out of your hat ? and, more importantly, how'my doing, Bonner ?

You must have a bionic bio background, right ? ... I'm curious cuz I'm sure you do ...

Remember when you used to call me a tech guy, Bonner ?

I plead guilty ... tech, check ... biotech, oh yeah baby, Chambo's reporting for duty ... and note that you've now just entered MY wheelhouse, Bonner, so be very careful cuz you've been spewing so much shit it's sorta scary ... and I'm not gonna comment further

By the way, DON'T LOOK UP ! cuz there's a 100% chance that we're all going to die !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIxYm3mKzI