What are you watching?

ABC's "Women of the Movement."  I arrived late to this, just seeing the 4th and 5th episodes focusing on the trial of Emmitt Till's murderers.  Pretty intense and very well-acted by the likes of Adrienne Warren and Glynn Turman.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

Joel Coen's MacBeth with Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand. Obviously, the  acting and directing are good, but it was the cinematography and the sound design that really blew me away. Also an interesting choice of aspect ratio - we're so used to 16:9 that squarish looks almost like portrait.

The Ceremony, 1971 Japanese movie. A trip. Wild jumping around in time, wild incest. Only one Tarantino-style blood squirt. But all in service of serious ideas. Criterion of course.

We plowed through the first season of The Righteous Gemstones and are now into the second. It's a lot of fun. John Goodman is enough for me, but Season Two also has Eric Andre and Eric Roberts - bonus! The outrageousness never completely overtakes the narrative, although it threatens to.

the bon appetit network or whatever.  i never knew this was what all the kerfuffle was about, i thought it was about the youtube content. no wonder the thing imploded. it's like watching a live stream of the mean girls' table in a remedial high school. where on earth did they find that original cast of on-air losers?

I gave Archive 81 a try. If you've never seen a horror movie series before, you'll probably like it. If you have, you'll be like, oh, this again? It's got that guy in it who was in Orange is the New Black and How to Get Away With Murder. He got thick.

Also Somebody Somewhere, which is AWESOME and you should watch it immediately.

I don't have the problem feeling tasteful as I am looking forward to Euphoria episode 3 this evening.

Looks like Murray Hill is in Somebody Somewhere. He's been doing that schtick for quite a few years now.

Ah, thank you. I was trying to remember what that place was called. Yes, I saw him there more than once.

ETA: I see it closed in 2007. Where does the time go? And I remember for a brief period it served a Jewish menu.