What are you watching?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

These days, no one is allowed near my face.  Well, maybe Ginny.

However, your link did alert me to the fact that you invoked my name on that thread when "borderlines" were referenced.  As someone who (as you figured) worked with them quite a bit, I'm pretty convinced that part of the process (maybe a lot of it) is to help them get their goals met in ways other than leaving victims strewn about the place.  A "harm reduction" method.  There's a whole branch of mental health theory devoted to that these days.  Even seems to work on internet boards.  Sometimes.

Steve, WOW !

That was deep and thoughtful ... but I don't think that I fully understood some of the details ... they kind of went over my head ... that said, it seems to me that you could be a marvelous mentor ... picture you and me, working closely together ... so help me out here because I don't really see the benefit of "harm reduction" ... and why wouldn't you want victims strewn about the place ? and why wouldn't you want to decapitate if provoked ? and why wouldn't you want to leave a bloody mess in your wake ? Otherwise, where's that going to get you ...

I know there's answers and I'm ready to learn from the best ... I'm closing my eyes wide, Steve ... and I'm imagining us as a great team headed towards great victories ... TOGETHER !

Did I ever share with you that I wanted to be a butcher as a youngster ... but I went a different route ...

On 1/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Wilfrid said:

I am embarked on Koyabashi’s The Human Condition, a Japanese epic of the Second World War. Character-driven, beautifully photographed. The whole thing is about ten hours and I will do an hour or so a day.

One interesting thing is the presence of Chinese and Korean characters and the Japanese subtitles for them. Happily those subtitles run down the screen, top to bottom, not encroaching on the English subtitles across the screen at the bottom.

This continues to be magnificent.

But this evening I am watching a Japanese division dig in to resist the Russian advance in Manchuria; and watching hundreds of ripped, sweaty troops digging massive trenches in the hot sun I am feeling a bit pathetic for my half-hearted struggle to shovel snow out of the short path from door to sidewalk.

How do people get the energy for wars? Hoping not to find out soon.

Has anyone watched multiple episodes of The Afterparty on AppleTV+? Trying to decide whether it's worth investing the time into watching subsequent episodes (watched the first was a little disappointed)

• 3 weeks later...

I missed Zendaya's Squarespace ad during the Super Bowl, but took a look at it before watching the latest Euphoria. Her range is remarkable and I am now amusing myself by imagining Rue as a brand ambassador for Lancome.

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I love that movie. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

"The Vault" on Netflix.  This is a Spanish heist film lensed in Madrid and Barcelona.  The action moves right along as in "Mission Impossible" or "Topkapi."  The cast is engaging although Famke Janssen is wasted.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9742794/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Full disclosure: I once cashed some traveler's checks at Banco de Espagna in Madrid.  Does anyone use traveler's checks anymore?