What are you watching?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

Not to change the subject too much, but I go to watch the (Mets') game last night, and of course I can't find it on the many channels we buy. Oh - it's on Apple TV+. Appears as if Apple TV+ has purchased the rights to broadcast a number of MLB games on Friday nights. I have never heard such inane chatter during the game.

Then knowing the playoffs are coming up for hockey, I'm wondering how I can watch Rangers' games (they're on MSGgo or something). Oh -- I can't, unless I switch how we currently watch the minimal amount of broadcast TV we actually watch from YouTube TV to FUBO. And, of course, pay more. 

Fuck. 

• Sad 1
16 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

Not to change the subject too much, but I go to watch the (Mets') game last night, and of course I can't find it on the many channels we buy. Oh - it's on Apple TV+. Appears as if Apple TV+ has purchased the rights to broadcast a number of MLB games on Friday nights. I have never heard such inane chatter during the game.

Then knowing the playoffs are coming up for hockey, I'm wondering how I can watch Rangers' games (they're on MSGgo or something). Oh -- I can't, unless I switch how we currently watch the minimal amount of broadcast TV we actually watch from YouTube TV to FUBO. And, of course, pay more. 

Fuck. 

I have gotten fed up with all these channels. How many do they really think people can afford or want to have! It seems like every time I get into a show, the next season is on a channel we don't get. Really irritates me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Well, kinda not great for NHL playoff games.

What, you need to see them in real time?  (I was more directly addressing Maison Rustique's comment.)

• Like 1
On 4/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, joethefoodie said:

Well, kinda not great for NHL playoff games.

The whole first year of the ESPN contract has been awful. It's been impossible to watch out of market games in a casual way.....

Having Showtime On Demand available at my hotel, a channel I don't subscribe too, allowed me to watch documentaries on John Belushi and The Go-Go's, as well as one on a show that ran on NYC public access for years and years and which I'm embarrassed to say that I'd never heard of: Video Music Box.  It featured anybody and everybody in the world of rap and hip-hop, plus it covered and threw epic parties and live shows.

8 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Having Showtime On Demand available at my hotel, a channel I don't subscribe too, allowed me to watch documentaries on John Belushi and The Go-Go's, as well as one on a show that ran on NYC public access for years and years and which I'm embarrassed to say that I'd never heard of: Video Music Box.  It featured anybody and everybody in the world of rap and hip-hop, plus it covered and threw epic parties and live shows.

There's one on WLIR which you should watch if you want to reminisce about the New Wave scene in the '80s.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

There's one on WLIR which you should watch if you want to reminisce about the New Wave scene in the '80s.

I used to listen to them in their WDRE incarnation.

Watched the first 2 episodes of the final season of "Better Call Saul."  It does not disappoint.  The usual characters are present.  The creators manage to keep things exciting (usually involving violent deaths) and at the same time keep the narrative on track to segue into "Breaking Bad."

Wes Anderson's latest, The French Dispatch, which is his love letter to The New Yorker.  All of the little dioramas and details and such that I thought worked really well in The Grand Budapest Hotel and Isle of Dogs came off as really twee here.