What are you watching?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

I saw the first episode and was somewhat disappointed (although that won't stop me from watching the rest). I miss the old characters. Like Buddy Cole.

The George Carlin documentary on HBO.  I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while.  My parents and I used to watch his standup specials all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 12:40 AM, hollywood said:

Better Call Saul

Will Jimmy get busted?

Why is he making purported large withdrawals from the bank?

Will Kim lose her chance to do admirable pro bono work?

Will Mike protect Gus from Lalo?

Will Gus listen to Mike's advice?

Will Howard remain a successful senior partner while blowing lots of firm funds on a vendetta while fending off a frameup imposed by Saul/Jimmy?

What will happen to the axeman?

So, obviously some of your questions have been answered....and boy howdy.

I've been rewatching the season, and the whole nasty plot against Howard was Kim!  Jimmy is a short order cook- great on his feet. Kim is the driving force behind this whole complicated, involved, and dare I say- audacious plan.

I see on other forums about how Jimmy "corrupted" Kim, but I think he lit a fire in her.  And she loves it. Well, until the consequences.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:42 PM, CheeseMonger said:

So, obviously some of your questions have been answered....and boy howdy.

I've been rewatching the season, and the whole nasty plot against Howard was Kim!  Jimmy is a short order cook- great on his feet. Kim is the driving force behind this whole complicated, involved, and dare I say- audacious plan.

I see on other forums about how Jimmy "corrupted" Kim, but I think he lit a fire in her.  And she loves it. Well, until the consequences.

That was a great and revealing episode.  I note the participants are being close mouthed about what is to come although Fabian did like that Howard's suits cost more than others make in a month.

Mr. Gould mentions there are left turns to come.  Hmmm.

Producer Chris Hardwick (married to Hearst money) seems to be enjoying himself.

2 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

Oy - fucking weird. Mengele for the Indy crowd.

seriously. when one of the women made the connection to american white supremacy movements you see how gutted she was. 

Started watching the Andy Warhol doc on Netflix; seems like I might like it when i get through a bit more. (I've liked it so far). He had a fairly miserable upbringing in Pittsburgh, but I guess anyone who grew up in Pittsburgh when he did could have various complaints - like not being able to breathe.

12 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

The new Assayas Irma Vep series is like the first thing ever to make me wish I had cable.

(OK, the first thing since early MTV.)

You so meta.