What are you watching?

On 11/5/2022 at 3:12 PM, Wilfrid said:

It was an oversight. It’s hard to keep up with what I’ve seen given that the franchise has four sub-franchises.

And Gary is pretty annoying.

Oh no, there’s a fifth one: Below Deck Adventure.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

Elvis Mitchell's documentary about black cinema, "Is That Black Enough For You?!?"  The film ranges over the history of black (and white) cinema with strong emphasis on the films and soundtracks of the 70s. Informative, engaging and entertaining.  Connections are made between the progress of the filmmakers and that of the civil rights movement.  And although a number of past and present luminaries are interviewed (perhaps the last colorful Belafonte interview) for some reason, Wilf, Zendaya shows up to offer her praise of various actors who influenced her.

12 hours ago, hollywood said:

Elvis Mitchell's documentary about black cinema, "Is That Black Enough For You?!?"  The film ranges over the history of black (and white) cinema with strong emphasis on the films and soundtracks of the 70s. Informative, engaging and entertaining.  Connections are made between the progress of the filmmakers and that of the civil rights movement.  And although a number of past and present luminaries are interviewed (perhaps the last colorful Belafonte interview) for some reason, Wilf, Zendaya shows up to offer her praise of various actors who influenced her.

I saw it on Friday--amazing documentary, and long enough (2h 15m) to really get in depth. 

• Like 1

"Alaska Daily" stopped its first "season" after 6 episodes ending with a cliff hanger, but not resuming until late February.  Late February, are you kidding?  What about the plight of native Alaskan women disappearing/dying?  Guess we/they have to wait.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, hollywood said:

not resuming until late February

A lot of series do this, the "mid season finale." I think they figure no one's gonna watch over the holidays and...January.

EO certainly worth seeing, but flawed. I didn’t read reviews until after I saw it, but I agree that the Isabelle Huppert episode seems to be from another movie. There are also a lot of beautiful cinematographic sequence that seem divorced from the main action, if it’s action. 

What’s remarkable is the apparent acting genius of the donkey(s); and that of course is the magic of the movie-maker, putting these guys (six of them rotating in the main role) in positions where they seem to be commenting powerfully on the events around them.

Like the masterpiece Au Hasard Balthazar, it’s episodic and both funny and sad. The end is grimly opposed to the end of Balthasar and although it seems weird, we were led up to it by conversations earlier in the movie.

Would love to see six donkeys win an Academy Award.