What are you watching?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

she's very good on "lucky louie" as well.

I really liked that show. It was really funny - I was disappointed they didn't pick it up for another season.

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Damn squared. I didn't know until I read this that it hadn't been renewed either. The "Kim's O" episode was outrageously funny.

Ray Winstone's been on television and I have missed it??? Well obviously I blame the promo department of BBC America. :)

Ah, another member of the Ray Winstone fan club. :angry: One of my sisters is also an admirer. I thought Vincent was pretty damn good, although some of the situations were a bit implausible.

I guess I don't watch enough TV either because I am hard-pressed to come up with three. The Wire, yes, and I do try to catch the various permutations and spin-offs of Footballers Wives.

Bones on Fox and not just because Emily Deschanel is almost as hot as her younger sister. I like the forensic stuff. It's not great by any means, but it soaks up the time.

Cold Case and Without a Trace. I just caught up with WAT which is having a good season so far. I've only watched a couple of CC episodes so far. I like the show, but the hate on it has for men, usually white men, sometimes gets in the way of the drama. Both shows have almost identical story structures, if you're into that sort of thing. The current investigation is intercut with flashbacks based on witness testimony (the witnesses never seem to lie though which seems surprising).

The NHL on Versus. What a dumb name for a channel and their production sucks, but what are you going to do if you like hockey?

I have The Nine on my dv-r but haven't watched it yet. Haven't heard anything about it either once the initial promotional blitz ended.

I guess some people are watching because it is in its second year--I like Kyra Sedgewick in The Closer. She is quirky and smart and flawed, just my kind of person.

I like Men in Trees and hope it sticks around; it should since they slotted it after Greys Anatomy (which jumps the shark about every other scene). I think Anne Heche is delightful and McTree a real hunk (Abraham Benrubi). I also love the woman playing Marin"s agent and her boyfriend, plow boy.

No number three comes to mind.

[i

The NHL on Versus. What a dumb name for a channel and their production sucks, but what are you going to do if you like hockey?

Get a cable company or better yet a satellite dish and aim towards British Columbia. Up here in the Great North Strong and Free, you can find a hockey game almost every night, as well as loads of talking about our game. :angry: or :) depending.

[i

Get a cable company or better yet a satellite dish and aim towards British Columbia. Up here in the Great North Strong and Free, you can find a hockey game almost every night, as well as loads of talking about our game. :angry: or :) depending.

Or move to the NY metropolitan area with three local teams to choose from. Of course, the newspaper coverage is lousy, but that's what the internets is for. :)

• 2 months later...
I have The Nine on my dv-r but haven't watched it yet. Haven't heard anything about it either once the initial promotional blitz ended.

I thought it was a snore. I quit after 4 or 5 episodes.

The Office (American version) is my favorite show right now, and I rarely ever watch or like sitcoms. I always watch Ugly Betty and Lost. Getting really tired of Lost, though.

The Wire

oh shit, I just realized I am not watching enough TV. I can't even name 2 other shows.

I just finished the first disc, first season of The Wire (first 3 episodes) based on your recommendation.

I'm hooked.

I have all the other discs in my queue and I suspect I will be spending the rest of the year watching seasons 1-3.

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show.

When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the field for tension-filled weekly game. Instead, it has turned into a character-driven drama with dead-on authentic casting, excellent production and genuine depth of feeling (without being mawkish). This show exposes every gimmick-driven drama (Lost, Heroes, 24) and fusty crime/medical show (CSI, House) as ridiculous unrealistic Hollywood creations. The last 3 FNL episodes haven't even shown any action on the field, instead focussing on the dilemmas of the well-drawn out ensemble characters. Even the supporting roles (Buddy Gerritson, the rehab roommate, Tim Riggins's brother, etc) are crisp and vivid.

Please watch this show before it gets cancelled.

I really love this show, too. It's one of my two current very favorites (the other being Battlestar Galactica). I watch it with dread, though. Afraid that it won't get picked up.

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show.

When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the field for tension-filled weekly game. Instead, it has turned into a character-driven drama with dead-on authentic casting, excellent production and genuine depth of feeling (without being mawkish). This show exposes every gimmick-driven drama (Lost, Heroes, 24) and fusty crime/medical show (CSI, House) as ridiculous unrealistic Hollywood creations. The last 3 FNL episodes haven't even shown any action on the field, instead focussing on the dilemmas of the well-drawn out ensemble characters. Even the supporting roles (Buddy Gerritson, the rehab roommate, Tim Riggins's brother, etc) are crisp and vivid.

I really love this show, too. It's one of my two current very favorites (the other being Battlestar Galactica). I watch it with dread, though. Afraid that it won't get picked up.

If it's good, it's gone.

1. Friday Night Lights.

If it's good, it's gone.

Yeah, reports are not looking good. Recent EW article about low ratings and trying to save the show.