What are you watching?

Semi-binge-watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. Highly recommended. Looking forward to a new Dan Harmon Community tonight. Season 4 sucked.

i think chevy is finally gone, so that may help

I'm excited for it too but I'll be sad when Donald Glover leaves.

I binge-watched The Fall in the last few days. I really liked the pace and the juxtoposition of images they did. Gillian Anderson is hot in it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Golden Globes last night: room set up to make it really difficult for winners to get to the stage. You could thread your way, with difficulty, between crowded tables, and take the front steps (which I think was the route intended), or you could go up the side of the room, then around the back, and enter stage right (or is it left?).

So you had the people giving the awards standing awkwardly on-stage with nothing to do while the winners found their way up there, and the cut-off music starting just about as soon as they got their breath back and started speaking.

Kudos to Bryan Cranston, ever the trouper, who actually ran the back route to get up there in good time.

Golden Globes last night: room set up to make it really difficult for winners to get to the stage. You could thread your way, with difficulty, between crowded tables, and take the front steps (which I think was the route intended), or you could go up the side of the room, then around the back, and enter stage right (or is it left?).

So you had the people giving the awards standing awkwardly on-stage with nothing to do while the winners found their way up there, and the cut-off music starting just about as soon as they got their breath back and started speaking.

Kudos to Bryan Cranston, ever the trouper, who actually ran the back route to get up there in good time.

Well, they could have had an announcer filling the time with information about the winning artist's bio and accomplishments, but they did not.

PBS just ran a really good "made-for-TV" version of Deborah Blum's The Poisoner's Handbook. Like the book, it weaved the story of the acceptance of forensic toxicology in the 1920s and 1930s with individual cases, each based on a particular toxin. The dramatric recreations were absolutely essential to the movie, as it let you actually see how the various toxicology tests worked.