What are you watching?

Started watching season 1 of Mozart in the Jungle last night. It's my understanding that seasons 2 and 3 are better than season 1. Not great, but enjoyable. Before I knew it, I had watched 5 episodes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

Watched parts 3 & 4 of The Defiant Ones. Part 4 again seems a bit of an infomercial for Dre, Iovine, Beats and Apple. I'd like to see the sales contract. I suspect part of the payout is contingent on Dre & Iovine being able to deliver Apple a critical mass of streaming subscribers.

Part 3 is definitely the money shot of this series. You get Snoop, Tupac, Biggie, Suge and Puff Daddy acting like he's the most white collar soft shoe business guy you ever met. This is the part to watch.

I'd like to see Iovine take on Scaramucci.

Just referring to the drama of the ups and downs of relationships, job discrimination, need for therapy, etc.

Ah, I see. Soap opera problems. As opposed to the-capitol-building-blew-up-and-now-you're-the-president problems.

And one is left to consider future plot points in that Lawrence did not appear to use protection.

If that goes the most obvious route, or even the second most obvious route, I will be very displeased.

Being a modern woman, maybe Issa will pop a Plan B.

Anyone heard anything about Columbus? My first exposure was on Twitter yesterday, and given that it's about design pr0n, dreams deferred in Trump country, and John Cho once again not quite managing to pull, I suspect it will be mandatory viewing for me.

'The Precocious Genius of "Columbus"'

Edited: I hadn't realised there was a Columbus in Indiana, nor that it's a mecca of Modernism in the Midwest.

• 2 weeks later...

Las Vegas--cloudy and spitting rain. We were supposed to get 71-ish% totality. Would never know there was an eclipse. It didn't even get a little darker. The good news is, I didn't waste money on buying eclipse glasses.