lovelynugget

What are you watching?

Caught the first episode of the last season of Crazy ExGirl Friend.  The show remains witty and musical.  With an Orange is the New Black parody segment.  Still funny.  Still neurotic.

A number of weeks ago, in honor of Leonard Bernstein's 100th birthday TCM broadcast several old Young People's Concerts, plus an episode of "Omnibus" from 1956 where he discussed the history of the American musical comedy.  Not only did the latter have a young Alastair Cooke as a host, it featured a very young Carol Burnett (pre-Once Upon a Mattress) belting out a couple of numbers.

Caught the first episode of the last season of Crazy ExGirl Friend.  The show remains witty and musical.  With an Orange is the New Black parody segment.  Still funny.  Still neurotic.

And with one of the actresses from G.L.O.W. Took me a while to place her.

Yeh, I am hooked... I went to bed at 2 am last night watch Gomorrah and woke up at 6 this morning to get in one more episode before work.. 

Occupied: Norway following a severe natural catastrophe caused by climate change elects a green PM who announces end to export of fossil fuels. EU not into the idea and basically get the Russians to invade. Hilarity and progressive slide into fascism ensue. Actually, not much hilarity but many tasteful interiors and earnest looking blonde people. 

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is consistently entertaining and often quite moving, especially the segment entitled "The Gal Who Got Rattled." Bonus points for Tom Waits and Tyne Daly, both of whom I'm happy to just watch doing whatever.

• Like 1