lovelynugget

What are you watching?

The Tiger King on NetFlix.  Holy crap, these mofos are f'ing crazy.  But hard to take your eyes off.

There was a profile on him in New York magazine some months ago. Bizarre.

Tiger King here too, just starting episode 5. A really nice break from current reality but holy crap these people are INSANE.

The Tiger King on NetFlix.  Holy crap, these mofos are f'ing crazy.  But hard to take your eyes off.

We watched the first two episodes last night. It's the most Florida thing I've ever seen in my life, despite the fact that some of it takes place in Oklahoma.

Just finished binge watching the 7 episodes last night and today.  I don't think that there was one person in the entire show that I didn't think was a sociopath.  It almost makes me cynical  :unsure: .

There was a profile on him in New York magazine some months ago. Bizarre.

Tiger King here too, just starting episode 5. A really nice break from current reality but holy crap these people are INSANE.

We watched the first two episodes last night. It's the most Florida thing I've ever seen in my life, despite the fact that some of it takes place in Oklahoma.

Just finished binge watching the 7 episodes last night and today.  I don't think that there was one person in the entire show that I didn't think was a sociopath.  It almost makes me cynical  :unsure: .

The Carole Baskin heel turn is incredible. Like just a wow moment.

Italian (Roman) chefs watching other chef cooks pretend they know how to make carbonara...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZ_70XyVAk&t=4s

Timely post as we had carbonara last night. I guess I fucked up adding parsley at the end. I did not know that was a no-no until I watched this am.

Unfortunately we are now out of guanciale. I still have some pancetta and a package of bacon. :ph43r:

Spending just about every evening at 6PM Eastern watching Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires play songs and banter from their barn live on YouTube. They are adorable together and play a mix of their own songs and covers. An enjoyable 30-45 minutes while preparing dinner.  They are now up to episode 16. 

And here is a link to this and other live streams: https://www.jambase.com/livestreams

Italian (Roman) chefs watching other chef cooks pretend they know how to make carbonara...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZ_70XyVAk&t=4s

Timely post as we had carbonara last night. I guess I fucked up adding parsley at the end. I did not know that was a no-no until I watched this am.

Unfortunately we are now out of guanciale. I still have some pancetta and a package of bacon. :ph43r:

The three versions given by the chefs in the follow-up video were pretty great. Hmm, bike downtown for some Guanciale? 

Saff? He seems the least horrible.

Crazy Rich Asians. Not really a very smart movie, but amusing.

Awkwafina terrific of course.

When I prepare carbonara or amatriciana myself, I find parsley absolutely essential for cutting through the fat, though perhaps I would not feel that way if I drank wine more regularly.

Netflix now offers Uncorked, which is sort of like Somm and Bravo's Uncorked docu, but the fictional Uncorked follows the heir to a Memphis barbecue joint as he navigates the master somm course as well as the pitfalls of race and class..Taillevant and Domaine Long-Depaquit make cameo appearances during the class trip to France.

Wilf, have you watched Nora from Queens?

When I prepare carbonara or amatriciana myself, I find parsley absolutely essential for cutting through the fat, though perhaps I would not feel that way if I drank wine more regularly.

Netflix now offers Uncorked, which is sort of like Somm and Bravo's Uncorked docu, but the fictional Uncorked follows the heir to a Memphis barbecue joint as he navigates the master somm course as well as the pitfalls of race and class..Taillevant and Domaine Long-Depaquit make cameo appearances during the class trip to France.

Wilf, have you watched Nora from Queens?

no doubt, the key to a good amatriciana is parsley.