What are you watching?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

Anyone watching Flavorful Origins on Netflix?  It's a Chinese production focusing on cuisines from different regions of China -- Chaoshan (season 1), Yunnan (2) and Gansu (3).  Beautifully filmed.  Most of the food is completely new to me.  

Finished "The Queen's Gambit."  At 7 episodes it seemed the proper length.  But now there's some talk of a season 2.  Not sure how that would offer much new.  Maybe a love life for Anya Taylor-Joy?

On 11/20/2020 at 11:55 AM, hollywood said:

Finished "The Queen's Gambit."  At 7 episodes it seemed the proper length.  But now there's some talk of a season 2.  Not sure how that would offer much new.  Maybe a love life for Anya Taylor-Joy?

We watched the first two episodes last night. Now when I go into the kitchen to get another drink, I announce that "My tranquility needs to be refurbished."

Significant Eater binged Rectify. Liked it a lot. The few episodes I caught made me wish I watched the whole thing.

And it's only the second thing I've seen the Canadaian/Austrailian actor Aden Young in - he's great.

7 hours ago, small h said:

We watched the first two episodes last night. Now when I go into the kitchen to get another drink, I announce that "My tranquility needs to be refurbished."

We watched the first episodes last night as well. You got to love the Shakespeare quoting orderly.

Yes! I do. And I must have seen too many evil-orphanage/terrible-adoptive-parent movies, because I keep expecting something really horrible to happen to Beth. (I hope nothing does.)

2 hours ago, small h said:

Yes! I do. And I must have seen too many evil-orphanage/terrible-adoptive-parent movies, because I keep expecting something really horrible to happen to Beth. (I hope nothing does.)

Well, she has acquired a nasty addiction to tranquilizers.

• Like 1