What are you watching?

Mank is terrific, but unfortunately my pandemic brain is too sluggish to process all the snappy dialogue, so I might have to watch it again (even though it's 2+ hours). I annoyed Medium Sized H by yelling "look, it's the xxx shot!" whenever something looked Kane-y to me, which was often.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

"One Man, Two Guvnors" on PBS.  It was hilarious, and I didn't realize just how much improv and 4th-wall breaking is in there.  (Though some of what looks like improv is actually scripted.)  It must have been hysterical in person.

• 2 weeks later...

As I sit here in the den, watching Star Trek: Discovery, my wife is watching The Bee Gees doc. in the living room.  I've seen most of it already.  Always liked listening to their harmonies and the songs are harmless enough.

10 hours ago, mitchells said:

The Bee Gees documentary on HBO. Like their music or not, I doubt there are any musical acts who reinvented themselves so many different times. 

We saw it last night--great documentary.  N knew all of the early songs because her father liked the first-act version.

1 hour ago, Anthony Bonner said:

Ted Lasso is wonderful.  I just want more episodes.

Not sure exactly why, but it puts me in mind of "My Name Is Earl," which I loved to death and which was gone too soon. The protagonists are sorta similar.