What are you watching?

37 minutes ago, StephanieL said:

Action Park, up in Vernon, New Jersey

I went once. I remember waiting on line to go on the "Tarzan Swing," which was a rope with a knot in it. An attendant tossed it to you and you grabbed on, swung out, and fell in a lake. During my hour wait, I saw more than one kid fail to let go and crash back into the dock. I also remember the "Alpine Slide," which was a cement trough in which you slid down a mountain on a little wheeled cart. While I was riding the lift up to the top, a woman tipped off her cart and continued down on her side, screaming. I and my sister suffered no serious injuries, but we never went back.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, small h said:

I went once. I remember waiting on line to go on the "Tarzan Swing," which was a rope with a knot in it. An attendant tossed it to you and you grabbed on, swung out, and fell in a lake. During my hour wait, I saw more than one kid fail to let go and crash back into the dock. I also remember the "Alpine Slide," which was a cement trough in which you slid down a mountain on a little wheeled cart. While I was riding the lift up to the top, a woman tipped off her cart and continued down on her side, screaming. I and my sister suffered no serious injuries, but we never went back.

That sounds like something out of the Simpsons!

19 hours ago, small h said:

They discuss both of those rides a lot in the film, especially the Alpine Slide.  The first person to die at the park fell off the Alpine Slide and banged his head on some big sharp rocks that lined the course.

Mr. Mayor and Call Me Kat. Neither is very good (I watched the first two episodes of each), and I will probably jettison both.  Mr. Mayor has Ted Danson and Heather from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and two or three funny lines per episode. Call Me Kat has Leslie Jordan and Cheyenne Jackson and (a very, very thin) Swoosie Kurtz and some singing. Also curtain calls. I've never seen a curtain call on a sitcom before.

We're binging (for us) Big Mouth on Netflix. Some of it is so funny we have tears rolling down our faces. At I keep saying there is no way I'm letting the boy become an adolescent. The animation is a little grotesque but the writing is just too good.

Pretend It's a City. Scorsese's docu-interview of Fran Lebovitz.  Terrific.

Borgen.  Danish political drama.  Very good first season.  Get's too far fetched after that.

Work in Progress.  Netflix.  Abby McEnany's show about an "androgynous, heavyset, nerdy, butch lesbian."  Very good.

Some other stuff I can't remember.