What are you watching?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, small h said:

One Night in Miami on Amazon Prime. Apparently this Regina King lady is good at more than acting! I usually don't care for this kind of movie, but I was pretty damn riveted.

This was really good...and Eli Goree had the Ali character down pretty well.

27 minutes ago, small h said:

That Jim Brown porch scene. Yikes.

With Jim the only one of the four still alive, I started going down that rabbit hole and doing some looking into his life.  Not the nicest man, by any stretch of the imagination. But boy, was he a great football player (who probably took one too many shots to the head).

17 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

With Jim the only one of the four still alive, I started going down that rabbit hole and doing some looking into his life.  Not the nicest man, by any stretch of the imagination. But boy, was he a great football player (who probably took one too many shots to the head).

he was a damn fine lacrosse player as well. 

• Like 1

Saw a couple of episodes of season 3 of "The Bureau" on Sundance Now.  It's a French international spy/political thriller with this season apparently focused on ISIS and the Kurds and the French in Syria.  Not free, but engaging.

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

Saw a couple of episodes of season 3 of "The Bureau" on Sundance Now.  It's a French international spy/political thriller with this season apparently focused on ISIS and the Kurds and the French in Syria.  Not free, but engaging.

Did you watch the first two seasons? We really enjoyed the entire series.  The deceit even among people allegedly on the same side was fun to watch. 

• Like 1

St Louis Blues, the 1958 movie with an insane cast of entertainers (Nat "King" Cole, Pearl Bailey, Cab Calloway, Ella Fitzgerald, Eartha Kitt, Mahalia Jackson etc). It reveals that Cole is a terrible actor, but most of the musical set pieces are fun.

It triggered the memory of having a front row seat for Eartha Kitt at the Carlyle Club many years ago, and being amazed that someone could be both as old as time and ridiculously sexy. She's the highlight of the movie.

The movie hinges on the relationship between Cole (playing W.C. Handy), and his father, an old-time pastor. This produces some delicious lines like "Is the Big Rooster a house of worship of the Lord?" It is not.

3 hours ago, mitchells said:

Did you watch the first two seasons? We really enjoyed the entire series.  The deceit even among people allegedly on the same side was fun to watch. 

The first 2 seasons are not currently available, at least on Sundance Now.  Definitely hard to know who your friends are.

15 minutes ago, hollywood said:

The first 2 seasons are not currently available, at least on Sundance Now.  Definitely hard to know who your friends are.

Hmmm. I think you need to find the first two seasons to see how the relationships of the characters have changed over time. 

1 hour ago, splinky said:

i just plan to watch Bling Empire over and over for whatever remains of the apocalypse

I was so looking forward to it and yet, I could not get through the first episode.