What are you watching?

8 minutes ago, bloviatrix said:

I was so looking forward to it and yet, I could not get through the first episode.

its awful in so many ways but it does get more interesting as it moves along

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

The Stanley Tucci Italy thing on CNN - caught las night...leaves me a little cold.  Or makes me realize how much better the Bourdain stuff was.

I'm enjoying it but only after I keep telling myself I shouldn't be comparing this to Bourdain. 

really liked the first five episodes of painting with john.

also if anyone hasn't bothered yet I just changed from the prime hbo channel to hbo max and there's more content for the same price.

1 hour ago, AaronS said:

really liked the first five episodes of painting with john.

I watched the first episode, liked it a lot, and then forgot all about it. So thanks for the reminder. I was a big fan of Fishing with John.

I am enjoying the Stanley Tucci Italy series.  I had gotten tired of Bourdain's shtick and Tucci is lower key in a good way.  I always felt that Bourdain's "adventures" distracted and detracted from the food, which is what interested me.

6 hours ago, mitchells said:

I'm enjoying it but only after I keep telling myself I shouldn't be comparing this to Bourdain. 

I am grateful for the (so far) lack of "shtick."

I watched the first 2 episodes of WandaVision on Disney+.  Hit me from left field.  Nothing like I anticipated.  It's a sendup of 60s and 70s sitcoms but with a little Marvel magic.  Clever and amusing.

The United States vs Billie Holiday. A little too Afterschool Special for me, but not bad. Kind of worth it just for Leslie Jordan's hair, but you only need to watch the first 5:00 to see that.

And Nomadland, which was fantastic. Really interesting article about it in the NYT, also.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/movies/frances-mcdormand-nomadland.html?searchResultPosition=4