What are you watching?

17 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

I remember her young journalist phenom thing, but have I seen her act?

Well, don't start with Gossip Girl 2.0. It's not her best work. Also, her character dresses poorly, which may be some sort of (not very) inside joke.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Friday Night Lights. I'm gonna start shilling like crazy for this show. When I first heard they were turning the movie into a TV show, I figured it would end every week with the team hitting the

oh, damn, i didn't know that. now i'm depressed--i really liked that show.

Here you go -   At the time I wrote that the show was being broadcast on WLIW. It appears to be out of the rotation right now but should be available on Netflix.

Posted Images

I would hate for anyone to have Gossip Girl as their best work.

On another topic, if we don’t get the second season of Euphoria soon, life on this planet will be worthless.

14 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

if we don’t get the second season of Euphoria soon, life on this planet will be worthless.

I could not get into that show. I tried, but it was just too much muchness for me. And I found the characters kinda repellent.

• Thanks 1

John Malkovich was one of my favorite actors in my young adulthood. But then I saw him on David Letterman or the Tonight Show and realized he was a (probably racist or at the very least prejudiced) ass. I still thinks he's an outstanding actor. 

1 hour ago, small h said:

I could not get into that show. I tried, but it was just too much muchness for me. And I found the characters kinda repellent.

Over the top yes, but I thought in a good and challenging way (and I confess, Zendaya).

44 minutes ago, prasantrin said:

I saw him on David Letterman or the Tonight Show and realized he was a (probably racist or at the very least prejudiced) ass.

I didn't see (or don't remember seeing) that, for which I am grateful. I've seen him be plenty annoying, though.

17 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

(and I confess, Zendaya)

She leaves me cold. I know that many, many, many other people feel differently.

And in "what are you watching" news...Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar. I laughed my ass off. And now I have no ass. I hope you're happy, Kristen Wigg.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, hollywood said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of WandaVision on Disney+.

I'm three episodes in and don't know how I lived without it. Come for the soundtrack, stay for the fonts. This is one well-constructed show, and I fucking love that. Also, Debra Jo Rupp - heart emoji.

Tour de France. Daily. A fascinating show, with high production values, occasional humor, drama, blood, sweat, guts, etc.

To say nothing of the stunning scenery.

And geez - is Pogačar poised to win like 5 TdFs in a row?

Sadly, the run is over this weekend.

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Tour de France. Daily. A fascinating show, with high production values, occasional humor, drama, blood, sweat, guts, etc.

To say nothing of the stunning scenery.

And geez - is Pogačar poised to win like 5 TdFs in a row?

Sadly, the run is over this weekend.

We've been watching it as well. Bob Roll is less obnoxious paired with Phil then when he was in the studio. Cavendish has pulled off a remarkable comeback. Incredible stage wins from a guy who wasn't even supposed to be in the race.

Did you follow Lachlan Morton's Alt Tour?

• Like 1
On 7/12/2021 at 10:20 PM, small h said:

And it's always nice to see Miss Tavi Gevinson.

Coincidentally, I started watching a documentary about Halston on Amazon last night and guess who's in it? (I was looking for the mini-series but accidentally started this)

1 hour ago, bloviatrix said:

Coincidentally, I started watching a documentary about Halston on Amazon last night and guess who's in it? (I was looking for the mini-series but accidentally started this)

we did the exact same thing.   We didn't finish either.

Also Mrs AB wanted to watch the Gossip Girl reboot - made it about 25 minutes in before she bailed.

On the other hand "White Lotus" seems pretty promising.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, bloviatrix said:

I'm counting the hours to the launch of Ted Lasso season 2.

I'm struggling to decide what I more excited for - Ted Lasso 2 or Succession 3.

"I will make my bread from your bones"

• Thanks 1