Kitchen Letters

Among the notable:

Asian Sauces and Marinades - nice book with a quite a few of interesting ideas.

Asian Cook by Terry Tan - his Shiok! on Singaporean food is pretty good, but this one is must have as it explains (and wonderful photograhy, btw) the asian cooking tools.

Since Alex's visit to Macau several months ago, i was waiting to Taste of Macau: finally it was published and although i haven't tried any recipes yet, it was a pleasure to read the book.

Currently reading The Elephant Walk on Cambodian cooking: a beautiful book.

• Like 1
  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Among the notable:   Asian Sauces and Marinades - nice book with a quite a few of interesting ideas.   Asian Cook by Terry Tan - his Shiok! on Singaporean food is pretty good, but this one is mus

I decided my cocktail library needed some growth. Cocktail Codex and Dale DeGroff's New Craft of the Cocktail arrived yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught the relative bargain on Carluccio's The Complete Mushroom Book.

Also Mendonsa's The Best of Goan Cooking to compare with Macau cooking.

Coming up:

Nose to Tail; this one is a must.

Mediterranean Cook: the new title by Gayler - for completeness;

Cracking the Coconut: well, akiko sounded convincing enough;

Cucina Essenziale: vaguely remembring some positive discussion a while ago...

The Mediterranean Cook that arrived today uses exactly the same approach as Asian Cook mentioned earlier: covering a lot of cookware and techniques while offering recipes from masters of the cuisine (Wolfert, Roden and el. in this case).

Terrific photography: now i understand Wolfert's constant earning for eat another clay pot...

Zuni cookbook came yesterday. Stayed up way too late reading. What a delight.

What on earth shall I cook this weekend? So many options.

Thinking about that duck with prunes...or maybe just roasting a chicken.

Start with the chicken and bread salad.

Another vote for "Simple to Spectacular." Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" is okay but a bit bloodless.

My sweet husband, who wouldn't eat at St. J on a bet :D, brought home "The Whole Beast." The text in the US edition is pure Fergus, fortunately, and Bourdain's intro is lovely. But there are no pictures.

I looked at all the Bittman cookbooks yesterday. Nothing except the Vongerichten one is appealing - the Minimalist ones are just plain visually unappealing, and that makes a difference to me. Didn't buy the Vongerichten one, but will look at it some more.

Anybody have Tom Valenti's book - the one-pot meals book? Looks pretty good.

The Whole Beast by Fergus Henderson. This, a gift for a dear friend. There's a copy left. Shall have to return to Borders on Thursday to snatch it up for myself.

The Encyclopedia of Food Ingredients..or some such. One of those HH pubs from the overstock stacks. Only 10 bucks. Not brilliant, but contains enough stuff to fill in the cracks, so ten bucks is a relative steal. Recommended.