Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Grateful Dead

Anyone know of a website for the Dead that has concerts and free streaming music.. I use to go to Dead.net the official site but, they stopped Dead Radio..

www.gdradio.net works for me. I use the Real Player software, not QuickTime or Windows Media. They seem to be quirkier. Also, www.pandora.com will build a pretty good playlist if you spend the time sculpting what you want.

www.gdradio.net works for me. I use the Real Player software, not QuickTime or Windows Media. They seem to be quirkier. Also, www.pandora.com will build a pretty good playlist if you spend the time sculpting what you want.

Nice.. I just thought they stopped offering it.. I still dont know how to get to the radio from Dead.net but this works perfect for me.. Playing "They harder They Come" with Saunders as we speak..

I recently purchased Merl Saunders and Jerry Garcia Live at Keystone. I like the album, but I think there might be a double album which combines two live shows I wish I got instead.. It was a quick impulse buy that I needed it for a car ride..

n

Hey that wolfgang website looks great.. Thank you

I have a different Grateful Dead issue. My brother just gave me his library of shows (about 100) so that I can rip some. Some are Dicks Picks but most are from various tapers that he knows. The are marked only with the date - no track lists or song titles at all. I am going to have to find a website that lists all their gigs and plug in the dates and get the set lists. Oy.

He used to have more, but gave away all but his favorites. And it's still over 100 CDs. ;)

I have a different Grateful Dead issue. My brother just gave me his library of shows (about 100) so that I can rip some. Some are Dicks Picks but most are from various tapers that he knows. The are marked only with the date - no track lists or song titles at all. I am going to have to find a website that lists all their gigs and plug in the dates and get the set lists. Oy.

He used to have more, but gave away all but his favorites. And it's still over 100 CDs. ;)

Try www.relix.com They used to publish playlists of every Dead concert ever done in their magazine.

Never mind. Someone spell checked while my posting window was open.

And we are all greatful to whomever did it.

Mods! Someone! Please merge this topic with the "I Hate That Song" thread! Thanks.

Mods! Someone! Please merge this topic with the "I Hate That Song" thread! Thanks.

:(

He also gave me a notebook full of Radiohead & Wilco bootlegs, so I have something for everyone to hate. ;)

Try www.relix.com They used to publish playlists of every Dead concert ever done in their magazine.
Thanks! He steered to me to deadlists.com, which does the same thing.

Oddly enough, the very first CD I pulled out was a show on my birthday, at RFK Stadium here in Wash DC.

well, takin' a step back 30 years ago to the day, the Grateful Dead's website will kindly be streaming the 12-31-76 NYE show at the Cow Palace in San Fran, CA starting at 12:01AM NYE, and running constantly until midnight New Year's day. Should be a festive soundtrack for any NYE party.

http://www.dead.net/cpstream

...disclaimer this post is from a different website I just cut and pasted it here for those interested.

who are the other people in the clip?

marsalis is really great there--the interviewer seems to want to push him in typical hagiographic directions but he wants to talk seriously about music.

who are the other people in the clip?

According to Offbeat Magazine, they are music critics Anthony DeCurtis, Scott Poulson-Bryant, Amy Linden and JD Considine.