Stone

Chodorow Addresses the Times

The food in London is vile: bad food, snooty service, grossly overpriced.

Don't say that in front of Tuckerman, he'll get pissed at you for not asking him for recs.

Oooo...you're a wag. Since that wasn't what Cathy said :)

Guest Aaron T

I confess to enjoying the duck fried rice at China Grill. I have even voluntarily gone there to eat.

When it first opened, I had a great meal at Asia de Cuba. The Chino-Latino chicken was a highlight. The first "upscale" meal I had in NYC, so I have a soft spot for the place.

Don't say that in front of Tuckerman, he'll get pissed at you for not asking him for recs.

TUCKERMAN! I missed you, you old lug! :o

I stopped into Asia de Cuba once when I was staying at the Morgans Hotel. There were lots of models and severe looking young men sitting at tables with cocktails and cigarettes. There was no food anywhere. I assumed it must be a club and not a real restaurant.

I confess to enjoying the duck fried rice at China Grill. I have even voluntarily gone there to eat.

When it first opened, I had a great meal at Asia de Cuba. The Chino-Latino chicken was a highlight. The first "upscale" meal I had in NYC, so I have a soft spot for the place.

Interestingly enough (or not), I was taken to Asia de Cuba by co-workers for my birthday several years ago. I remember that the drinks were strong and tasty, that the food was good enough and that the room made me giggle (the strong drinks assisted with this urge). But I remember it fondly as well. Not so fondly that I ever went back, but fondly.

I once went the the Redwood Room, which is the bar next to Asia de Cuba in Frisco. Filled with people who though they were clubbing in NY. The only memorable part of the evening was the knife fight. That guy bled a lot.

I once went to an Italian restaurant in Manhattan, have no idea of its relative location to Asia de Cuba. The food was okay and the staff was snooty. My friend and I met an English couple who invited us to a club next door, the kind where they check to see if your name is on the door. The man spent several hundred dollars on wine for us. And I molested a strapping Brazilian lad, which I don't remember doing, but was told about it the next morning.

All this was before I was married.

:o We were staying at St. Martin's Lane. Our flight was so late that nothing else in the nabe was open, and we were too tired to go hunting for real food.

:o We were staying at St. Martin's Lane. Our flight was so late that nothing else in the nabe was open, and we were too tired to go hunting for real food.

For future reference, Sheekey's is just off St. Martin's Lane.

I know, G. But it was midnight, the weather was nasty (hence the delayed flight), and we figured how bad could A de C be? :)

Entertaining forum. Thanks everybody.

Although some of Chodorow's comments regarding Bruni may be true, Kobe Club is a complete joke. (No, I haven't been there) His comments cannot be taken seriously, especially after receiving a deserved 0 star review. I agree with the previous comments about the ridiculousness of him expecting cheerleader- critics. Also thanks for his criminal record, pretty funny. Keep it coming.

I feel bad for David Chang. Discussion surrounding this week's Dining section in the Times should be centered around Ssam's [glowing] 2-star review. Instead, Chowderturd has flipped the focus to be on him and his sobbing letter. Ass.

I feel bad for David Chang. Discussion surrounding this week's Dining section in the Times should be centered around Ssam's [glowing] 2-star review. Instead, Chowderturd has flipped the focus to be on him and his sobbing letter. Ass.

Isn't this the sound-of-one-hand-clapping syndrome?

If eater hadn't highly publicized Chowdergate, Ssam would have gotten more play.

It takes two to tango.

Kobe Club is a complete joke. (No, I haven't been their)

Sounds like you could write reviews for the N.Y. Times.

Thanks. Problem is, I go to restaurants from time to time.

Just joking around, I am not opposed strongly to the NYT critics. I enjoyed the Kobe Club Review.