Tony Finch

Goodness, how sudden and sad.

G and I will always remember our dinner at Craft a couple of years ago. We were a table of six, and immediately upon being seated Tony looked at the winelist and said to the waiter, "Two bottles of this one, to get us started".

A great move and got started we did.

• Like 2
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very very sadly, this weekend saw the passing of Tony Finch.   Words can not express how saddened we are. I'll miss Big Tone for a million reasons, the biggest being he was a fantastic friend that

Goodness, how sudden and sad.   G and I will always remember our dinner at Craft a couple of years ago. We were a table of six, and immediately upon being seated Tony looked at the winelist and sai

Folks Fahro & Harry have put together a lovely progress report about Tony's Friendship Well in Algal, Mali. If you'd like to receive this Email and future information about Tony's Memorial Trust

Oh my gosh, I am really sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed reading his posts. Even when I disagreed with something he said, I always found him reliably good-natured and funny. I'm sorry I never had a chance to meet him in person. May he rest in peace.

How very said. All it took was one PM to be welcomed, nay, enveloped, into his world of warmth, caring and joie de vivre on our last trip to London. And I was looking forward to my next one just a couple days ago. I never dreamed it would be over so soon. I feel honored to have broken bread with the man.

My heart goes out to Fahro.

Very sad, and I too send my condolences. I never met Tony but felt as if I knew him and now realize I had exchanged messages with him as far back as the late nineties.

He certainly loved to argue but he was never vicious and often, indeed usually, highly entertaining.

The bottom of my stomach dropped out when I just read that Tony had passed. I was also very lucky to meet Tony and have a drink with him and Fahro in London. I argued with him too, and will miss him. The world is certainly less colorful with his passing. Rest in Peace Tony and my sincere condolences to his family. Wah. :)

It has taken some hours for the awful fact to register. Tony was a great friend, and had become strangely important in my life.

We had lunch together at The Fat Duck just over two weeks ago, and I've been sitting and thinking about his presence that day. I have this picture before my eyes of an ever-smiling face, belying the occasional acerbic comment which was always backed up by his sharp intellect. Tony and I thought alike on many issues, and yet when we talked we always managed to disagree with one another on so many things. But even in disagreement he exuded natural warmth and compassion.

Tony was an important man, a man of great principle, a good man. I shall miss him greatly.