What is your personal Fritos?

I confess.

I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.

Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.

Pizza. Good or bad. I can't just have one or two pieces. So I don't even start.

• Like 2
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

White Castle - I'm good for about 3 trips a year. I tend to visit after midnight - the darkness hides my shame.

In my youth I have sad memories of long nights that involved excessive amounts of alcohol. In the morning I'd wake up in my bed, hungover and forgetful of the previous night's events. I would stagger out to the living room only to be confronted with those empty little white boxes. My reaction was always one of horror. "My God, what have I done?"

I felt like Lyle Talbot in "Werewolf of London" when he awakes the morning after a full moon night and finds his clothes all torn. He knows he has roamed the streets of London and done terrible things.

God help me, there are days when I'd kill for a Snickers bar. Also, Jelly Belly jelly beans and Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

I finally cured myself of my need for Tater Tots.

Oh yes you've reminded me about Cadbury Creme Eggs, which I currently cannot find and trust me I've been looking.

Chili dogs. With yellow mustard and dill pickles and chopped white onions.

I really think this personifies the genre.

I mean, you take crappy white bread and into it you put a crappy weiner and over it you ladle crappy chili and then you top it with crappy condiments.

Every Saturday, post farmers market - I venture to Martusciello's Italian Bakery for warm loaves of crusty italian bread to eaten by the torn handful on the way home. The yeasty steam fills the truck..mmm...mmmmm

It's my achilles heal - I buy the loaves for myself and two neighbors - they think I own a restaurant and give me wholesale , 1.25 a loaf!!

God help me, there are days when I'd kill for a Snickers bar. Also, Jelly Belly jelly beans and Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

Oh yes you've reminded me about Cadbury Creme Eggs, which I currently cannot find and trust me I've been looking.

Like the Mini-Eggs, I believe those are only available in the run-up to Easter. Should be appearing on lesser check-out counters everywhere in the coming weeks.

Tuna helper is my number one favorite junk food. Oh how I love it.

So do you just buy a box and a can of tuna? Is there one I should get in particular?

Does it have noodles or do you have to make pasta?

I'm going to try this with an open mind as long as it's not too hard.

My kids like packaged Mac and Cheese but I think buttered, cheese noodles is just as easy and hits the same spot.

Like the Mini-Eggs, I believe those are only available in the run-up to Easter. Should be appearing on lesser check-out counters everywhere in the coming weeks.

Sigh but around these parts, the Easter candy aisle has been up and running since the week after Valentine's Day. They have everything (peeps, newfangled Cadbury Creme Eggs, chocolate eggs, jelly beans etc etc) but not the real deal.

Kozy Shack chocolate pudding and its cheaper, house-brand cousins. Not exactly junk food, what with all that calcium in it. Or so I tell myself.

The occasional set of Twix bars.

Used to love Cheetos - they were their own food group for me during college - but they're just not the same the past few years. Devil Dogs have lost their appeal as well.

Once a year: Garden of Eatin chile-lime tortilla chips.

Spaghettios

Kraft Mac n Cheese

Ring dings and yodels

White castle - eaten there and the microwave kind

Nacho cheese doritos

Chocolate milk made with Nestle's Quik

Reese's peanut butter cups

Marshmallows - out of the bag, toasted, and pulled with fingers and turned into "taffy"

S'mores

Ritz crackers with squeezey cheese from the can

Potato chips.

Greasy Chinese take-out lo mein - one I try to avoid, as there's a temptation to order fries on the side.

Oh, and Pringles, the originals. Now here, they beat me. I stopped buying the full-size tubes, knowing I would eat them at a sitting. So now they sneakily tempt me with the half-size. Evil.