What is your personal Fritos?

Dannon 'Activa' peach yogurt....yes it's supposed to be good for my digestive system,but the peachiness of it,which cannot be totally derived from real live peaches,....tastes good and peachy.....or a good facsimile of peachy.

Yogurt is your personal Fritos? Oh dear.

In terms of food made from questionable small print ingredients...Yeah.I don't care for food that comes in packages,but in my profession,taste sweets and things that are fatty,sugary and delicious almost every day.F#*k corporate food.....there are better ways to go to hell,and heaven.
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

Mayo is such an easy thing make at home - especially if you use a blender or food processor. Why not just make your own?

Do I hear an echo here? You sound just like Rancho Gordo yelling across Napa Valley. Crap food (coined by the originator of this topic) is usually instant gratification. It's a speed fix. Best Foods and flour tortillas take only as long as to heat the comal, and that's ALMOST as fast as opening a bag of crunchy Cheetos.

Mayo is such an easy thing make at home - especially if you use a blender or food processor. Why not just make your own?

Do I hear an echo here? You sound just like Rancho Gordo yelling across Napa Valley. Crap food (coined by the originator of this topic) is usually instant gratification. It's a speed fix. Best Foods and flour tortillas take only as long as to heat the comal, and that's ALMOST as fast as opening a bag of crunchy Cheetos.

Also Bloviatrice, as good as this mayo is supposed to be, it tastes almost nothing like real mayonnaise. There's no judgement here (liar,liar pants aflame), I'm just saying.

Also Bloviatrice, as good as this mayo is supposed to be, it tastes almost nothing like real mayonnaise. There's no judgement here (liar,liar pants aflame), I'm just saying.

Is this the place where I admit that I actually have a jar of Helman's in my fridge? (I actually do, she says guiltily - Blovie finds this very amusing and threatens to tell everyone :) )

Is this the place where I admit that I actually have a jar of Helman's in my fridge? (I actually do, she says guiltily - Blovie finds this very amusing and threatens to tell everyone :) )

Oh, I do, too! I think mine is about 2 years old. I'm just enjoying giving Rebecca a hard time.

I draw a distinction between Hellmann's and homemade mayonnaise. I like both, although I haven't tasted the reformulated version.

If Rebecca, who clearly has definite tastes when it comes to mayo, has been eating the reformulated version for a year and noticed nothing, I can't think the taste of Hellmann's has changed too much.

My Dad was/is quite the 'gourmet.' When he discovered the ease of making mayo in the blender, that's all she wrote. Anytime he'd discover a new flavor - perhaps an herb, or bottled sauce, or chile, or whatever - he'd say, "Hum....interesting. I wonder how this would taste in mayonnaise." As I said earlier in the thread, in addition to Miracle Whip (primarily for deviled eggs), we always had commercial mayo, and an assortment of various herb mayos, along with hot ones, lemony ones, garlic ones, you name it.

The list was endless.

I agree with you that homemade mayo doesn't really taste much like the commercial kind.

We do make our own. If in a hurry, though, Delouis Fils is preferable to Helman's. It it does tatse like homemade majo on some things, e.g., sandwiches.

We do make our own. If in a hurry, though, Delouis Fils is preferable to Helman's. It it does tatse like homemade majo on some things, e.g., sandwiches.

This stuff is great for chicken salad. Haven't seen the new packaging yet.

Their aioli isn't bad either.