What is your personal Fritos?

God help me, there are days when I'd kill for a Snickers bar. Also, Jelly Belly jelly beans and Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

I finally cured myself of my need for Tater Tots.

Oh yes you've reminded me about Cadbury Creme Eggs, which I currently cannot find and trust me I've been looking.

Like the Mini-Eggs, I believe those are only available in the run-up to Easter. Should be appearing on lesser check-out counters everywhere in the coming weeks.

Sigh but around these parts, the Easter candy aisle has been up and running since the week after Valentine's Day. They have everything (peeps, newfangled Cadbury Creme Eggs, chocolate eggs, jelly beans etc etc) but not the real deal.

Newfangled? What's the difference? The Rite-Aid down in Zippy (aka Manchester) has the ones that are foil-wrapped in a coat of many garish colors. I could send ya some.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

Tuna helper is my number one favorite junk food. Oh how I love it.

So do you just buy a box and a can of tuna? Is there one I should get in particular?

Does it have noodles or do you have to make pasta?

I'm going to try this with an open mind as long as it's not too hard.

My kids like packaged Mac and Cheese but I think buttered, cheese noodles is just as easy and hits the same spot.

Yes you buy the box and just add the tuna, milk, water and margarine. My only change is that I add two cans of tuna and butter instead of margarine. You dump it all in a pot, let it cook for about 10 minutes and that is it. It is not hard so this is usually my come home exhausted meal.

The one that I like is the yellow, I guess cheddar noodles but they're all good. One caveat is that I'm sure I like this as a result of my mother's tuna noodle casserole. Most adults would say that Tuna Helper is disgusting but I think your kids will like it.

Greasy onion rings (battered, not breaded). With lots and lots of ketchup.

Sun Chips

milk chocolate-covered pretzels (although I don't like milk choc. otherwise)

Cracker Jack

Jelly Bellies (I only eat them at my dad's house, where there's always a big bowl sitting out)

God help me, there are days when I'd kill for a Snickers bar. Also, Jelly Belly jelly beans and Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

I finally cured myself of my need for Tater Tots.

Oh yes you've reminded me about Cadbury Creme Eggs, which I currently cannot find and trust me I've been looking.

Like the Mini-Eggs, I believe those are only available in the run-up to Easter. Should be appearing on lesser check-out counters everywhere in the coming weeks.

Sigh but around these parts, the Easter candy aisle has been up and running since the week after Valentine's Day. They have everything (peeps, newfangled Cadbury Creme Eggs, chocolate eggs, jelly beans etc etc) but not the real deal.

Newfangled? What's the difference? The Rite-Aid down in Zippy (aka Manchester) has the ones that are foil-wrapped in a coat of many garish colors. I could send ya some.

Oh dear. A few years ago they introduced the Snickers Eggs, Mars Eggs and the like. I think there are a few variations along those lines. I'm going to keep looking here, and if I don't find them then thank you I just might take you up on that offer.

Crunchy Cheetos. the puffy ones if I'm really desperate.

Coca Cola, preferably while eating the above

Doritos, any kind except ranch

Smartfood popcorn

Used to be Fritos, but they're just too greasy. Some of the knock-offs, otoh . . .

Salad-bar fried chicken and "chicken fritters" (kind of like chicken fingers on steroids, but at least it's real chicken)

Yeah but if you knock all carbs off the list as verboten, you end up with nuts. Glorious nuts. Trader Joe's I do so love you.

Nuts can be just as dangerous; a small quantity is good and good for you, but the fat and calories can add up horrifically.

See here.