What is your personal Fritos?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

Abby, the CVS on 18th and Park has been stocking regular, caramel, and orange Cadbury eggs since the middle of January. I'm hoping the elusive chocolate Cadbury egg makes an appearance somewhere.

My bad food loves:

--Jello with fruit cocktail mixed in. Cool Whip on top.

--The very rare Twinkie, PopTart, and Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandy Kake. Cheap sugar highs are a holdover from college.

--Onion rings

--Wendy's chili

--Any potato chip fried in lard

--Twix bars, M&Ms (peanut, but sometimes plain), and Hershey's Miniatures

Spaghettios with a spoonful of cottage cheese.

Must. Try. That.

I'm a fan of the Spaghettios, but I don't know about the cottage cheese.

- McDonald's french fries and chicken nuggets (about twice a year)

- doritos, cheesy or ranch

- Nissan cup o' ramen

- bad, greasy, american style chinese food

Forgot to add microwaved Mallomars.

Your belief system intrigues me. Please to explain more.

Open up package. Arrange three mallomars (or four or two or ten -- your call) on a plate. Close microwave and set time for 30 seconds. This could vary according to your microwave's power. Open door. Mallomars are now chocolate goo and marshmallow goodness. If you like s'mores, this one is for you.

Forgot to add microwaved Mallomars.

Your belief system intrigues me. Please to explain more.

Open up package. Arrange three mallomars (or four or two or ten -- your call) on a plate. Close microwave and set time for 30 seconds. This could vary according to your microwave's power. Open door. Mallomars are now chocolate goo and marshmallow goodness. If you like s'mores, this one is for you.

I love melting Mallomars.

Chicharrones. Not that puffy artificial kind that comes sealed up in a plastic bag, oh no, give me the hot-out-of-the-boiling-lard kind. I like the littlest pieces with a creamy, crunchy, totally decadent square of pig fat still attached to the skin. Like is not a strong enough word. Love. Crave.

Cheetos, the twisty crunchy orange-crap-all-over-your-fingers kind. What IS it with Cheetos? They must put something in them. Cocaine?

Kettle fried chips, the jalapeño ones.

French fries with tartar sauce.

Apple slices with crunchy peanut butter.

Cinnamon rolls a la tres leches. This is a new product at the nearest Wal-Mart bakery (yep) and I never should have had the first one. Much less the third...but not all at one sitting.

Car's still in the shop, can't get to the store. What's in the fridge. Raw cabbage, won't do.

And here I thought all a y'all only ate foie gras and Rancho Gordo beans.

Abby, the CVS on 18th and Park has been stocking regular, caramel, and orange Cadbury eggs since the middle of January. I'm hoping the elusive chocolate Cadbury egg makes an appearance somewhere.

Oooh, thank you. My mistake was trying various Duane Reades.

My tater tot addiction stems from my own private mommy serving them forth on a regular basis. She hated to cook, they were easy, we, picky eaters all, would all eat them.....

In my teens I used to eat tater tots with gravy. Must have been a puberty thing.

For NYC Tater Tots lovers: Daddy-O's on Bedford near 7th serves them, and they deep fry them which my mother certainly never did. Good margaritas are to be had as well. I ask you, could there be anything finer?

When nobody is watching and I'm alone at home with my comal and puffy flour tortillas and a big jar of Best Foods mayonaise . . .

I think you just won some sort of prize. Now that's what I'm talking about!

I am humbled. Do you have any idea how hard it is for anyone to admit this - - with the mayonaise oozing down my chin and my heart pumping so fast and feeling utterly carnal and caught and exposed and . . . if I were a Catholic, would I have to go to confession?

Eewww, eewww, eewww - to all of you.

Having just enjoyed a Tuck Shop lunch, I was reminded that meat pies used to be top of this list for me. Steak pies, chicken pies, sausage rolls, pork pies, pasties. I could eat them like peanuts, even cold (about 700 calories a pop). In the UK, you could buy them on almost every block; fortunately not so accessible here.

Oh, and Scotch eggs. With sweet pickle (the brown stuff) or mustard. And more potato chips. And a pint of milk.

When nobody is watching and I'm alone at home with my comal and puffy flour tortillas and a big jar of Best Foods mayonaise . . .

I think you just won some sort of prize. Now that's what I'm talking about!

I am humbled. Do you have any idea how hard it is for anyone to admit this - - with the mayonaise oozing down my chin and my heart pumping so fast and feeling utterly carnal and caught and exposed and . . . if I were a Catholic, would I have to go to confession?

I think you just did. Now, make a good act of contrition.

spam. mmmmmm spam.

This is a joke, right?

Anyways, nobody here has mentioned Bugles, my secret weakness. Original Flavour only.

Auntie Anne's pretzels

Egg, cheese, and sausage sandwich on a Kaiser roll from any deli in NY (does this count as junk food?)

Captain Crunch cereal with Crunchberries

Strawberry pop tarts