What is your personal Fritos?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

When nobody is watching and I'm alone at home with my comal and puffy flour tortillas and a big jar of Best Foods mayonaise . . .

Have you ever tried them with this:

conLimonjar.jpg

Hellman's mayonnaise with lime.

Double yum.

When nobody is watching and I'm alone at home with my comal and puffy flour tortillas and a big jar of Best Foods mayonaise . . .

Have you ever tried them with this:

conLimonjar.jpg

Hellman's mayonaise with lime.

Double yum.

Man, I love this stuff. I buy it at the Mexican grocery around the corner from my house!

Have you tried them with mayonesa [sic]?

Have you tried them with HP Sauce?

Do you like them on a train?

Do you like them on a horse?

Can you eat them two at once?

Does it make you feel a dunce?

Have you tried them up a tree?

Have you tried them with some tea?

hp.jpg

I just saw and bought raspberry Pop Tarts. Not so good. Strawberry and brown sugar from Costco. Big box!

Kettle Chips. Beer and cheddar.

Snyder's pumpernickle and jaalpeno cheese sandwich things.

Poppycock.

Trolli Peachie O's.

Mayonnaise on edible flatish things.

(These are in addition to most things mentioned already).

stouffer's french bread pizzas

I always burn the roof of my mouth on those.

That reminds me. In the early 1970s a company called Stewarts marketed a line of microwaveable sandwiches to New York bars. These were the early days of microwaves and the whole concept of a packaged sandwich being made piping hot in under a minute was futuristic Jetsons stuff. We had no concept of exactly how hot a microvave could make things.

The sandwiches themselves were awful things, all gummy bread, yellow crap cheese, and mystery meat, but the fact that they were served in bars trumped everything else. Late at night we were drunk and would eat anything.

The drill was always the same. At around 2:00AM we'd order these things. The bartender would take the frozen sandwiches out of a mini fridge, pop them in the microwave, and then plop them in front of us 90 seconds later. Like fools we'd rip open the bag and immediately take a huge bite. The horrible Velveeta-like cheese, heated to 1 or 2 degrees below it's boiling point, would instantly fuse to the roof of our mouths and we'd run around screaming "It burns! It burns!"

By morning we'd forget the whole thing and repeat the same sequence the following Saturday night.

Yeah but if you knock all carbs off the list as verboten, you end up with nuts. Glorious nuts. Trader Joe's I do so love you.

As in the wasabi-tamari almonds. Luckily I can eat one at a time, and spread ten out over an hour, then I'm done for the day.

Lime Tostitos and Ranch Doritos. Turkey jerky. Leftover pizza for breakfast (which I had today...Trader Joe's cornmeal crust pizza with mushrooms, pine nuts, goat cheese, mozzarella, grated parm, and grated pecorino). I don't have a sweet tooth any more, but I do like the nostalgic hit of the tangy Starburst flavors, and the occasional vanilla bean Jelly Belly.

I can't bring too much junk food in the house because Bob vacuums it up with his mouth.

Logan's wild about the curry papadum chips at TJ's, and the little crispy pea sticks, that he calls "Elevens." (He held up two of them once and said, "Look, Nana! Eleven!")

spam. mmmmmm spam.

This is a joke, right?

no. spam is good. and good for you.

you haven't lived till you've eaten a sandwich made of wonder bread smeared with mayo, with a thick slice of spam in between, slathered with tabasco. and if you eat too many of these sandwiches you won't live very long.