What is your personal Fritos?

Spaghettios

Thank God it's not just me. I love Spaghettios with meatballs, and Beefaroni. I can eat an entire can myself. Soemtimes I don't even warm it up. :)

Spaghettios straight from the can, no heating up. Eyebrows thinks I'm insane. I cannot wait to tell him that somebody else does this too.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

stouffer's french bread pizzas

I always burn the roof of my mouth on those.

That reminds me. In the early 1970s a company called Stewarts marketed a line of microwaveable sandwiches to New York bars. These were the early days of microwaves and the whole concept of a packaged sandwich being made piping hot in under a minute was futuristic Jetsons stuff. We had no concept of exactly how hot a microvave could make things.

The sandwiches themselves were awful things, all gummy bread, yellow crap cheese, and mystery meat, but the fact that they were served in bars trumped everything else. Late at night we were drunk and would eat anything.

The drill was always the same. At around 2:00AM we'd order these things. The bartender would take the frozen sandwiches out of a mini fridge, pop them in the microwave, and then plop them in front of us 90 seconds later. Like fools we'd rip open the bag and immediately take a huge bite. The horrible Velveeta-like cheese, heated to 1 or 2 degrees below it's boiling point, would instantly fuse to the roof of our mouths and we'd run around screaming "It burns! It burns!"

By morning we'd forget the whole thing and repeat the same sequence the following Saturday night.

You mean they're out of business? The still have them at the little hole in the wall pool hall/beer hall in my old neighborhood...then again, the songs on the jukebox are the same as when I was in high school :)

You mean they're out of business? The still have them at the little hole in the wall pool hall/beer hall in my old neighborhood...then again, the songs on the jukebox are the same as when I was in high school :)

I haven't seen them in years but that doesn't mean anything. Animals once thought extinct turn up in remote areas of the world from time to time.

I'll bet people are still burning their mouths on those damned things.

ETA - Google shows that they are alive and kicking. Their website seems to imply they are a chain operation and doesn't mention their bar concession. Then again, I never underestimate the staying power of a bad idea.

Have you tried them with mayonesa [sic]?

Have you tried them with HP Sauce?

Do you like them on a train?

Do you like them on a horse?

Can you eat them two at once?

Does it make you feel a dunce?

Have you tried them up a tree?

Have you tried them with some tea?

hp.jpg

I have no idea what this is! Need input. Looks like the leaning tower of London. Is it that marmite like stuff?

Cheetos, the twisty crunchy orange-crap-all-over-your-fingers kind. What IS it with Cheetos? They must put something in them. Cocaine?
No, not cocaine. I can refuse a line, but put a bag of crunchy cheetos in front of me and watch it disappear.

I love hamburger helper, the lasagna kind. It was what we always cooked in college after, er, inhaling.

Chili dogs with chopped onion and yellow mustard. I used to save my allowance and buy two at Cupid's in Northridge once a week.

Unfrosted Pop Tarts. They're hard to find.

IT'S THE SAME STUFF!! SOLD WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI IT IS CALLED BEST FOODS, SO IN MEXICO IT MUST BE BOTTLED EITHER EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI OR IN MEXICO.

I think I may be wrong here. They probably make and bottle it all in one place but label it differently for end destinations. I have never understood the eastside/westside of the Mississippi River labeling and didn't know it was labeled and sold in Mexico under the Hillman brand. No other brand touches its quality (but they may have store or house brands specially labelled in some places, too).

IT'S THE SAME STUFF!! SOLD WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI IT IS CALLED BEST FOODS, SO IN MEXICO IT MUST BE BOTTLED EITHER EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI OR IN MEXICO.

I think I may be wrong here. They probably make and bottle it all in one place but label it differently for end destinations. I have never understood the eastside/westside of the Mississippi River labeling and didn't know it was labeled and sold in Mexico under the Hillman brand. No other brand touches its quality (but they may have store or house brands specially labelled in some places, too).

it looks like this product has lime in it as well.

I used to laugh when my little Dutch Treat would dip her fries in mayo. Now I have clogged arteries and a smile. I think this lime version may be something to watch for.

it looks like this product has lime in it as well.

I used to laugh when my little Dutch Treat would dip her fries in mayo. Now I have clogged arteries and a smile. I think this lime version may be something to watch for.

You HAVE to get some. It's perfect for frites!

Ooh, mayonesa with lime. I got it when it first showed up in NY, but haven't seen it in years. :)

mongo: the L&L Hawaiian Barbecue chain makes Spam musubi: a slab of Spam on sushi rice, wrapped in nori. Next time you're here (or in the vicinity of L&L), get some. I will not be joining you; I've had it.

Just remembered another vice: Jamaican meat patties. Not the pizzeria way (split and stuffed with mozzarella), just hot out of the cabinet. Or off the street cart.

I am so relieved to see all the other Cheeto lovers. But Pringles????? Ewwwwwww, Wilf. That's not even made from food.

One day I was eating fritos when my dog came and lied down next to me. She put her little paws on my face and they smelled the same as fritos. I never ate fritos after that.

What are you implying? Do we need to call the SPCA? Do you have any other animals? If so, what do their paws smell like? It sounds like you smelled the fritos that were on your breath, not the paws.

Ooh, mayonesa with lime. I got it when it first showed up in NY, but haven't seen it in years...

I am so relieved to see all the other Cheeto lovers. But Pringles????? Ewwwwwww, Wilf. That's not even made from food.

The Hellman's (and everybody else's brand) mayonesa con limón is made right here in sunny Mexico, where it is ubiquitous. It's almost impossible to find anything else--and unfortunately I don't care much for it con limón. The only place I can find the regular ol' Hellman's is at Costco, in a huge jar.

And yes, Cheeto lovers of the world unite! I felt so ashamed--now, in this public confession, I feel strength in numbers.

Pringles, bleccchhhh. What Suzanne said.