What is your personal Fritos?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

Lately, my weakness has been for the lime flavored tostidos. I abhor fake lemon flavor, but somehow I like the fake lime...Diet coke ith Lime is great, DC with lemon tastes like Pledge.

English muffins with butter and honey..whenever I have had a particularly bad day, I go to the toaster.

IT'S THE SAME STUFF!! SOLD WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI IT IS CALLED BEST FOODS, SO IN MEXICO IT MUST BE BOTTLED EITHER EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI OR IN MEXICO.

Having lived on both sides of the Mississippi, I know about the Hellman's/Best Foods thing.

What I was talking about is the Mexican version that has the lime juice added: Mayonesa con Limón.

Edit: Well, I guess I should have read the last few pages of the thread before posting. I now see that y'all have discussed this to death.

Sorry.

:)

IT'S THE SAME STUFF!! SOLD WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI IT IS CALLED BEST FOODS, SO IN MEXICO IT MUST BE BOTTLED EITHER EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI OR IN MEXICO.

Having lived on both sides of the Mississippi, I know about the Hellman's/Best Foods thing.

What I was talking about is the Mexican version that has the lime juice added: Mayonesa con Limón.

Edit: Well, I guess I should have read the last few pages of the thread before posting. I now see that y'all have discussed this to death.

Sorry.

:)

It's always nice to hear from you anyways.

Anyone ever had Lemonaise? It has a great big tangy hit and also has mustard seed and garlic.... great with fish. They also make a spicy version that's very tasty. I LOVE the stuff but then I like mayo, as opposed to some people. :)

Anyone ever had Lemonaise? It has a great big tangy hit and also has mustard seed and garlic.... great with fish. They also make a spicy version that's very tasty. I LOVE the stuff but then I like mayo, as opposed to some people. :)

Yup. The Latin Lemonaise is mighty tasty, and is a lot lower-impact than regular mayo, dietetically speaking. But wait...this is a junk food thread, darling.

Bugles on occasion (original as indicated).

Corn Nuts.

Both Bugles and Corn Nuts make me ralph. Aren't I interesting?

As long as it does not make you Ralph Nader!

Potato chips - Gourmet Garage's house brand makes an extra dark which is addictive, but give me just about any bag of sour cream and onion/yogurt & green onion and I'll inhale them.

Utz extra dark pretzels

Garden of Eatin tortilla chips - I can't think of the particular flavors, but again, you can't eat just one. Trader Joe's has a mole flavored tortilla chip that's pretty fabulous as well.

Peanut m&ms

Pistachio nuts or toasted almonds

Best Foods mayonaise . . .
You go to the refrigerator and you know that there's a jar of Best Foods in there. So you start scrounging for what you can use as a vehicle. Leaf lettuce is a given; mortadella; sliced ham; cold meat; leftover vegies; cold pasta or potatoes or rice; hard boiled eggs (if you can wait that long...cottage cheese with a shot of chile sauce...oh god...

Bugles on occasion (original as indicated).

Corn Nuts.

Both Bugles and Corn Nuts make me ralph. Aren't I interesting?

But Rancho, I didn't know you had a connection with the Cramdens. You must spill the beans about Trixie and Norton.