What is your personal Fritos?

Bugles on occasion (original as indicated).

Corn Nuts.

Both Bugles and Corn Nuts make me ralph. Aren't I interesting?

They make me ed.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I confess.   I like crunchy Cheetos. Not in chilaquiles but if faced with a row of chips that's the pack I'd grab.   Nutty real peanut butter and strawberry preserves. I can spoon this out.  

Potato chips: Lay's Classic and Pringles.   Sometimes I buy Rancho Gordo Tortilla Chips and make Fritos out of them. To use in Chilaquiles.

I highly recommend you try a local popcorn maker, Bjorn Corn.. It has nutritional yeast and is made in Clinton Hill Brooklyn.. Its so delicious

For NYC Tater Tots lovers: Daddy-O's on Bedford near 7th serves them, and they deep fry them which my mother certainly never did. Good margaritas are to be had as well. I ask you, could there be anything finer?

Big Daddy's Diner on Park Avenue South has them too. Greasy and crispy--yum.

For NYC Tater Tots lovers: Daddy-O's on Bedford near 7th serves them, and they deep fry them which my mother certainly never did. Good margaritas are to be had as well. I ask you, could there be anything finer?

I think I got heartburn reading this. :o :)

When I was young, there used to be an ad for Fritos, Cheetos and Tatoes. Do they still make Tatoes?

I don't know what American Tatoes are/were, but there's an Irish brand of crisps called Tayto's that I've seen in several places.

I think I got heartburn reading this. :o :)

I have a vague, Stockholm-syndrome kind of affection for Tater Tots because they were practically the only (non-packaged) edible item served in my high school cafeteria.

I went through a matzoh-with-butter phase when I was in school.

Come to think of it, I need to stop looking in on this thread. It's psychologically counter-productive to my Weight-Watchers effort.

Yeah but if you knock all carbs off the list as verboten, you end up with nuts. Glorious nuts. Trader Joe's I do so love you.

Nuts can be just as dangerous; a small quantity is good and good for you, but the fat and calories can add up horrifically.

See here.

I just read about a study (probably paid for by the almond council or something) that found that nuts are not equal. SOmething about the fat in nuts works in a different way and it's not so bad or something. How's that for science? But it feels so right and therefore I'm going to believe it.

Well, pecans & walnuts have the highest concentrations of antioxidants in any foods, so that's something.

Of course my personal addiction is to dry-roasted cashews. Salt-free! No oils! Healthy!

Still I suspect that GGM is onto something with "the fat and calories can add up horrifically."

Saltines with butter.

There's something wrong with that? Uh oh. :)

I think this is just fine. Growing up, we always put butter on saltines if they were served with dinner. Not too much, just a light smear. And we always used salted butter. Salt, mmmmm.